Monday, October 13, 2008

Juicy Rumors

Hello,

I would just like to state uncategorically that the three following pieces of info are rumors only. They have not been officially confirmed by the bands cited. However the rumors are still fun and intriguing.

1) According to billboard.com: Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy" is going to be out on November 23rd, that is a Sunday. I am giving this CD about a 25% chance of actually coming out near that timeframe. Although it is good news, I will always be skeptical about a new Guns n' Roses CD. I have heard three possible release dates for when this CD will be out. All three dates are within 7 days of each other, so that gives some creedence that "Chinese Democracy" will actually be released.

2) Shirley Manson, former lead singer for Garbage, was on a talk show recintly. The interviewer asked her if there was going to be a Garbage reunion. She said that everyone is doing their own thing. Manson is working on the Terminator TV show "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". She said that Butch Vig is producing the new Green Day CD. Vig is one of the members of Garbage as well. (Thanks to spin.com) Other sources have cited Vig is working with Green Day, so this is likely.

3) Also the most ludricous rumor of them all is that Led Zeppelin is thinking about dumping Robert Plant as lead singer because he won't tour. Apparantally a lot of money is on the table for a Led Zeppelin reunion. Original members John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page are really pushing Plant to go out on tour. I don't know what to think about that. Apparantally they have some young buck singer ready in case Plant does not participate. Would I go see Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant, yes! I give this about a 1% chance of actually happening though.

A couple of other quick nuggets that have been confirmed. AC/DC has selected the North Ireland rock band The Answer to be their opening act on all dates of their upcoming tour. Only 8 more days until AC/DC's "Black Ice" will be available at Wal*Mart. I have only heard one song off this CD, but that song kicked butt. I am expecting good things for this CD. I am hoping to give a review of this CD as soon as I have money.

Also last week a new TV show debuted, it is called "Life On Mars". It had a pretty intriguing premise. A cop is sent 35 years back in the past to 1973. It is not known if this is an actual time-traveling trip or if he is in a coma and this is in his imagination. All clues point to him being comatose. However if that is the case, then I don't see the point of the show. So far it is an okay show, with a good rock soundtrack. Also Lisa Bonet guest stars in it, which means from what I can tell she will hardly ever be in it. Miss Bonet is looking absolutely gorgeous. I am going to give this show two or three more weeks to see if it is worth my time.

Well that is it for now. Have a good week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites