Monday, October 27, 2008

Minimal Musings on a Mellow Monday

Hello,

My name is alliteration and I approve this title. Again not much is going on in the world of entertainment. After a busy couple of weeks of Guns n' Roses news, things have slowed down. It actually looks like "Chinese Democracy" will be released in less than a month. (Rolling Stone please let's have G n' R on the cover for your next issue.) I am still dubious whether this CD will actually come out, I can just see Axl having a meltdown and refusing to release it.

I am not going to comment much on the Jennifer Hudson situation. I have read unconfirmed news reports that her missing nephew may have been found dead in a SUV early this morning. All I have to say is that this is a very sad situation. As readers of this blog know I am a big Jennifer Hudson fan. I send out my best wishes and prayers to the Hudson family.

Now on to a little more happy news: "Life On Mars" continues on it's brilliant run. After three episodes of this show I am a humongous fan. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. Also another show that I would highly reccomend is the always excellent "Cold Case". That is such a great show, I don't know why it doesn't get more love. Last and definitely not least, last night was the Season Two finale of "Mad Men". What a great show and the finale was fantastic with many excellent storylines to be wrapped up in Season Three. (The similarites between the Draper's marriage and my wife's and I marriage are starting to lessen though. Neither one of us is the cheating type. Also Don has been invited home whereas I have not. Also my wife and I are involved in marriage counseling, something I don't see Don Draper doing. Finally my wife is not pregnant!)

With only 8 more days until Election Day, it seems Obama keeps on pulling away. I think it is going to be a landslide in Obama's favor. Even with the Presidential election about to happen, the #1 searched for term remains Angelina Jolie. It seems people are wrapped up in whether she and Brad Pitt are getting married or not. The highest ranked Presidential race news items is at is #5. After 8 years of one of the worst Presidencies in American history, it looks like it could be a historic election for the Democrats. All that bad Dick Cheney and Karl Rove karma is coming back on the Republicans.

Songs rocking my iPod: 1) "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (Live)- AC/DC 2) "All You Zombies"- The Hooters 3) "Baby Hold On"- The Dixie Chicks This is from one of the best CD's in the last several years, "Taking The Long Way". 4) "The Rain King"- The Counting Crows 5) "Song for the Dumped"- The Ben Folds Five One of the best pissed off, kiss off songs ever. 6) "Sweet Emotion"- Aerosmith 7) "I Melt"- Rascal Flatts 8) "Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)"- Vertical Horizon 9) "With or Without You"- U2 10) "Bring Me To Life"- Evanesence 11) "Self Inflicted"- Katy Perry 12) "Dancing In Heaven"- Q-Feel 13) "Casimir Pulaski Day"- Surfjan Stevens This song comes from another excellent CD, "Come On Feel The Illinoise" 14) "Comin' Where I'm From"- Anthony Hamilton 15) "Phantom of the Opera"- Sarah Brightman 16) "The Last Day Of Our Acquantaintance"- Sinead O'Connor 17) "Trans Am"- Neil Young and Crazy Horse

I am not sure when I will be blogging next. Have a good week! themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites