Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations America!

Hello,

Sorry I have had a long layoff, due to a lot of different things going on in my life.

I was so proud of my country last night for giving Barack Obama a chance and breaking away from the same ol', same ol'. I'm so happy of his winning of the election and also thankful we don't have to rely on the Supreme Court to decide this election. I had been practicing saying President Obama all day, I love the sound of that. President Obama you have your mandate now please go do something with it. (Although I do wonder why a person who claims he is all inclusive was all alone on the stage for his acceptance speech last night.)

Also I send kudos out to John McCain for his unbelievably warm, stirring and patriotic concession speech. That was an example of class in action. Although I had heard the speech last night, I still watched it again today. His speech was better than even Obama's speech. John McCain is truly an American hero.

With Obama's impressive victory, I was fearful he is going to be on the cover of the next Rolling Stone magazine. Now after thinking about that I am okay with it. Although the following cover I would like to see Guns n' Roses on the cover. They should be celebrating their triumphant return about that time. With only 18 days left until the release of "Chinese Democracy" I am getting amped up for the release. So far there have been no more hitches in the release of this CD. I checked at the bestbuy.com website the other day and you can get "Chinese Democracy" in the CD and vinyl formats through them. Also I heard that it will be for sale through the iTunes music library.

Slowly but surely details are coming out about the seemingly serious touring ambitions of a reunited Led Zeppelin. There has been no confirmation of who the lead singer would be in the reunited Led Zepplin. Although the hot rumor is that if they can't convince Robert Plant the job will fall to the lead singer of Alter Bridge. I went to alterbridge.com to do some research on him. His name is Myles Kennedy. He cites Led Zeppelin as one of his influences. Also he lists Guns n' Roses "Appetite for Destruction" as his favorite CD. So you can't fault his taste, but can he fill the very big vocal shoes of Robert Plant? From the little I have heard of Alter Bridge's songs, and honestly who would want to hear a lot, Kennedy does have a fairly powerful voice. So vocally I think he could handle it but what is he going to do with all the negative feedback he is going to receive? Alter Bridge is on tour until December 10th. Of course if the Led Zeppelin reunion does go through it probably wouldn't start until next year at the earliest. As I find out more I will let you know.

A couple of quick movie reviews, I saw the supposed classic "Warriors" the other day on Comcast On Demand. This 1979 movie has not aged well. It is hard to believe this is the same movie that caused riots when it initially opened. Now the only thing it would cause is boredom. Other than watching it as a curiousity, like I did, there really is no other reason to give up two hours of your life.

Since I have a 7 year old daughter we went and watched "High School Musical: Senior Year" the other day. It is about what you expect, a lot of singing and dancing. The songs are upbeat and happy but forgettable. The movie is suppose to chronicle their senior year but it goes on a little long. In fact it went on so long that it felt like it was occuring in real time. I am glad I was able to take my daughter to see it though. (Although when we did get out of the theatre I had AC/DC on the CD player and that helped me get over the pop music sugar rush.)

Two more quick music notes, Paramore has too new songs available on the "Twilight" Soundtrack. I listened to one of those two songs yesterday, it's titled "Decode". It is okay, not Paramore's best effort. Not as good as anything off their recent CD. It is still worthy of buying though. Also David Archuletta's new CD comes out on November 11th. Apparantally the booklet that comes with the CD has 3500 words in it, most of that his thanks to the influences in his life. He wrote a paragraph to his father, thanking him for believing in him. He doesn't mention anything about being locked up in the basement after losing out on "American Idol" to the much more talented David Cook. It will be interesting to see how much he will be in the public eye a year from now. I think by then he will be about as memorable as Taylor Hicks and the many other "AI" contestants who crashed once the show was through.

One more note good luck to the Utes tomorrow night when they play TCU. It should be a great game. It will be big both for their conference and the winner will probably play a big role on the national college football stage.

One of my favorite authors, Michael Crichton, has passed away after a battle with cancer. He is the author of one of the best books of all-time "Jurassic Park". Don't judge the book by the movie. That was his peak which he was never able to recapture. He died yesterday at the age of 66.

I hope to be back Friday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites