Tuesday, November 11, 2008

President Obama/ Taylor Swift

Hello,

Apparantally President Elect Obama and his advisors have written up a list of about 200 things that he is going to work to overturn following President Bush's disastrous Presidency. One of the things that he perhaps will overturn is Bush administration policies on stem cell research. Also he is looking to overturn the opening up of 360,000 acres of public land in Utah to drill for oil. As a life long Utahan I certainly welcome the second idea. Also it's good to see that President Bush is being graceful in the transition of power to Barack Obama. He is going above and beyond in this transition time.

Like a lot of Americans I am putting my faith in President Elect Obama. Hopefully he can be able to start America's return to prominence. However let's be careful, this is not the second coming. Obama, while being very charismatic and intelligient, is still just a person. Plus it will still be two months until he becomes President. So lets give him some room to move and adjust. He is going to make mistakes as well, so we need to be patient. He is our President whether you voted for him or not. (Thanks to yahoo news.)

Also I promised a list of the potential singers that might replace Robert Plant in a potential Led Zeppelin reunion tour. I am going to list some of these rumored singers and my opinion about them. Dave Grohl (um, no!), Sammy Hagar (would be too distracting), Jack White (doesn't he already have two bands?) and Steven Tyler (NO!).
Also Chris Cornell has thrown his hat into the ring as well. I would like him to be the singer if Plant doesn't. Cornell would just have to remember that the reunion is not about him though. I expect that if Plant doesn't acquiese to join the reunion, the gig will go to Myles Kennedy. Led Zeppelin doesn't want a singer to overshadow the band. I do wonder if Kennedy has the chops to sing 2 to 3 hours of Zep songs each night. This story has sort of quieted down the last few days. If there is going to be a reunion tour it probably won't be announced until next year. I really have mixed feelings about the whole thing. To hear Led Zeppelin in all their glory check out "What Is and What Should Never Be" from the live 3 CD set "How The West Was Won".
(Thanks to both spin.com and blender.com for the above information.)

More now on Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy". This CD really looks like it will be coming out. rollingstone.com has a review of the actual CD now on-line. I have seen reveiws before, but they usually are of leaked tracks. It seems to be a favorable review. I don't like reading reviews until after I have experienced it, I want as few preconceived ideas as possible. After 17 years since their last release it is hard not to have a lot of preconceived notions already. Also at the iTunes music store you can preorder the CD now. You will be able to get the lead single immeadiately, which is the song "Chinese Democracy". You will be able to get the full download on November 23rd. iTunes does seem to be wary as well about if this CD is really coming out, they list the release date as "expected release date". I still have some skepticism that this CD is coming out, in spite of that I am raising my percentages of this CD actually coming out this year to 50%.

Here's a list of new CDs coming out today and my excitement level.
1) "Fearless": Taylor Swift Excitement Level: 10
2) "Soul": Seal EL: 5
3) "Certifiable"- The Police two cd's and two dvd's. This is an exclusive to Best Buy collection. EL: 5
4) "If All Goes Wrong" (DVD)- The Smashing Pumpkins EL: 3
5) "Our Bright Future"- Tracy Chapman El: 3
6) Self-titled: David Archuleta EL: 0. I think the lack of a title shows the lack of creativity behind this CD. Also I saw a bit of this video- lame!

Last but not least, songs rockin' my iPod: 1) "Rumors In The Air"- Night Ranger 2) "Sharp Dressed Man"- ZZ Topp 3) "Roses Are Red"- Aqua 4) "Sweet Child O' Mine" (Live)- Guns n' Roses 5) "Goodbye My Lover"- James Blunt He is fantastic in concert. Check him out if you can. 6) "Who's That Girl?"- Madonna 7) "Too Late For Love"- Def Leppard 8) "Jenny Was A Friend of Mine"- The Killers 9) "Possum Kingdom"- The Toadies 10) "Hell or High Water"- Tinsley Ellis 11) "Night Moves" (Live)- Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band 12) "Back In Black" (Live)- AC/DC 13) "That Rock Won't Roll"- Restless Heart 14) "The Rainbow Connection"- The Carpenters I am a rock and roll guy mostly but bizarrely I have 5 Carpenters songs on my iPod. I also really like all five songs. Just FYI they are "The Rainbow Connection", "Superstar" (a truly great song), "Top of The World", "Sweet Sweet Smile" and "It's Going To Take Some Time". 15) "Elevation"- U2 16) "Who Do You Want To Be?"- Oingo Boingo 17) "Rain King"- Counting Crows.

Again my prayers and thoughts going out to Jennifer Hudson and her family in this difficult time in their lives.

I am not sure when I will be back. Next time I will be writing about Led Zeppelin 3 and the fantastic TV show "Life On Mars". Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites