Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hello,

First I would like to wish my little brother a happy birthday. Happy Birthday and enjoy your iTunes gift card.

Only 8 more days until the release of Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy", that's right one week from tomorrow you can go to Best Buy and pick it up. (Remember it's sold exclusively through Best Buy and their website. There are a couple of exceptions, you can buy it at iTunes and some local, independent record stores.) Can you believe this CD is actually coming out? There are so many things in place it will have to come out almost through inertia alone. I am now giving this CD a 95% chance to actually come out this year. I just have that fear that at the last minute Axl is going to have a fit and take his ball and go home.

You can pre-order this CD at both iTunes and the Best Buy website. Also the myspace.com/gunsnroses website has a countdown to the actual release date. (Do not be fooled by other websites saying the CD won't be out until November 25th. Most new CD's come out on Tuesday, however this CD will be coming out on a Sunday.) They also have about half of the song "Chinese Democracy" that you can listen to. Axl is a little anal, they should have 3 or 4 full length tracks from the new CD- the point is to raise the excitement level isn't it? As always the lamest website in music, gunsnroses.com, has no recent word about the new CD. The last time their lame website was updated was August 28th. If that was the only place you got your G n' R news you wouldn't know too much about "Chinese Democracy". At myspace.com/gunsnroses website you can see Best Buy's commercial for "Chinese Democracy".

Speaking of the MySpace music website, it is pretty cool. I checked it out yesterday. You can listen to a lot of songs free. For instance, I listened to the new David Cook single "Light On" for the first time yesterday. I hardly ever listen to the radio is why I haven't heard it yet. I really, really like "Light On". I am very much looking forward to his new CD, which will be released this Tuesday.

Also on myspace.com/paramore the great band Paramore has a live track of "Crushcrushcrush". You can also listen to "Decode", their new song from the "Twilight" soundtrack. I also was able to listen to music from Ra Ra Riot, they were a bit disappointing. I listened to music from the great Brazillian band CSS. I was disappointed they don't have any music from Lykki Li. She has been getting a lot of hype of late. Taylor Swift's myspace.com/music website has a lot of content. Pink's myspace.com/music website has tour dates. In addition I found out a band I really like broke up, their name is Supa Fuzz. They were a great rock band. Even though they broke up, you definitely need to check them out. (Thanks to my little brother for introducing them to me.)

A couple of other quick notes. Bruce Springsteen is introducting a new song tomorrow night on Sunday Night Football. It will premiere during halftime of the Washington- Dallas game. (Go Dallas!) The name of the song is titled "Workin' On A Dream". I am guessing it will be on Bruce's new CD, which tentatively set to be released around January 20th. What is it about New Jersey musicians talking about dreams so much, I am looking at you Bruce and Bon Jovi.

Also the drummer who played behind Jimi Hendrix on some of the greatest tracks of all-time died this past week. His name is Mitch Mitchell and he lived from 1947-2008.
He will be missed.

One final thing Guns n' Roses isn't on the cover of the new Rolling Stone magazine. I was disappointed about that as I had been advocating them as the next cover subjec. Instead the cover article is about the 100 Greatest Singers of all-time. This is actually one of those issues with multiple covers. The four different covers feature Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Elvis Presley. Once I get the magazine I will be letting you know my opionion of their selections. I think the greatest singer of all-time is hands down Robert Plant. He has that great voice and a great stage presence. He sang for one of the greatest bands of all-time and he helped write many of their great songs. One final thing, I think Bob Dylan is a terrible singer. He never was a great singer and has been living on his 60's reputation for far too long.

Other upcoming things: more about Led Zeppelin 3 and "Life On Mars". Also I am going to see Celine Dion in concert on Friday. That review should be coming next weekend. Other news coming soon, reviews of the new AC/DC and Taylor Swift CD's. Also news about two upcoming Motley Crue tours. (Please, please come to Salt Lake City.)

Have a good weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites