Saturday, November 8, 2008

Quick blog today

Hello,

As you probably know, my wife and I are seperated. That means the kids are with her most of the time. Today I have our three boys with me, so that means not much time for me. Our daughter is staying the night at her other Grandma's house tonight. So that is why this will be a quick blog, I don't have much time.

First of all: the countdown continues to the new Guns n' Roses CD "Chinese Democracy". It should be out in only 15 days. As far as I know it will still be released November 23rd. I am very excitingly looking towards 14 mostly new Guns n' Roses songs. I still remain skeptical about whether this CD will really see light of day this year. I'm still nervous that something will happen and it won't be released. That is why I can't raise my prediction of this CD actually coming out this year above 15%. Axl I would love to be proven wrong.

Some exciting upcoming events: "American Idol" is going to be making it's Season 8 debut on January 13th and January 14th. There will be a two hour show each night. This season may be a make or break season for "AI". It had a big ratings decrease last year. Also they have got to get rid of the loopy Paula Abdul and the repetitive Randy Jackson. Although I hate them, I will tolerate and I am looking forward to another season of "AI". I look forward to the auditions from Salt Lake City and also how the new judge affects things. Four judges just seem like too many.

Speaking of "American Idol", David Archuletta will be releasing his new CD Tuesday. I can hardly wait. (Extreme sarcasm!) ew.com has a review of his CD and also new CD's by Beyonce and the super talented Taylor Swift. Anyway the ew.com reviewer, Chris Wilman, gives Archuleta's new CD a C+. But read his review and it feels like a courtesy grade. These are some of the things he says about the new CD: "bland, amnesia-inducing collection", and "saddled with the most generic and production money can buy". Who would have guessed? Now don't get me wrong he is probably going to sell at least 1,000,000 copies of this CD. If you really want this CD, just wait a month and you can buy it used at a CD store.

Meanwhile Taylor Swift will be releasing her second CD also on Tuesday. How does she compare against Archuleta. Her CD scored a B grade from the ew.com writer Leah Rosenblatt. Swift is a girl who writes her own songs, has a fantastic voice and appearance and can hold her own live in concert with Def Leppard. (Can you imagine Archuleta trying to sing with the mighty Lep? Oh never mind don't.) She also is not being pushed by a parent trying to fulfill their dreams through his kids. Archuleta's CD may sale more initially, but who is going to remember it in a year. Taylor Swift is built to last. (More about Taylor Swift in my next blog.)

Bruce Springsteen could be releasing his new CD right around the inaguration day for Barack Obama, Jan 20th. This will be his follow-up to 2006's "Magic". He is one of the greatest singers of his generation. He is so much better than the overrated Bob Dylan. Springsteen's music speaks to me whereas Dylan's music speaks down to me.

I'm not sure when my next blog will be. I have news on Led Zeppelin and who possibly will take Robert Plant's place in a reunion. The list is pretty funny and very doubtful. (Although I would not mind seeing Chris Cornell take the place of Robert Plant.) Also more about "Life On Mars" and what makes Led Zeppelin's "3" such a great CD. I will also have more on President Obama. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites