Sunday, January 8, 2012

"War Horse", Why are people talking about the New York Giants as possibly winning the Super Bowl?

Hello,

I went and saw "War Horse" with two of my kids last night. This movie has a lot going for it, but is far away from being a perfect movie. From the opening scenes this felt like a Steven Spielberg movie. Very few directors can feature the majesty of the movies as Spielberg can. Also my respect was horses was renewed. There's just something so cool and powerful as a horse. While the acting in this movie is great, the feeling coming from the horses was awe inspiring. That's especially the war horse. I also liked his black horse friend. This movie also features Spielberg's trademark humor, even in the most dire situations.

I have to admit I shed a few tears at the end of this powerful movie.

This movie only has a couple of downsides. The first one is it's way too long, the whole storyline of the French grandfather and granddaughter could have been excised. We don't need those scenes to highlight how incredible the horse or his story is. And I know the French grandfather plays a part in the finale of the movie, but the ending would still have been inspiring without that.

I didn't get a chance to see either one of the NFL playoff games yesterday and it sounds like I didn't miss much. The two most intriguing games of this week for me are today though. Again I'll be cheering for the Broncos to lose. Denver only scored three points last week and that was from Kansas City fumbling the ball on special teams. I'm going to love watching them get their offense stifled all day and hopefully Tim Tebow as a NFL quarterback completely disproven.

Also I love how people are talking about the Giants being a Super Bowl favorite. Crazier things have happened, but how did this team that barely crawled into the playoffs get considered a Super Bowl favorite? Remember the Giants are a team that played at home against the team that chokes so much, the Chokeboys. They beat the poorly managed and coached Cowboys. This is the same team with the underwhelming Eli Manning as quarterback and geezer Tom Coughlin as head coach. Two people who seem to be lucky to still be in the NFL. Of the Mannings I'd take Peyton every time, even not knowing how his neck injury will affect his career going forward.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites