Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where Is The Good Rock Music in 2012? Part 2

Hello,

I spent some thought on where is good rock music now. I even posted on my Facebook page trying to get some suggestions. I did receive some suggestions including Stone Sour, Halestorm, Alter Bridge, Skillet and Shinedown. I actually checked out Skillet and Alter Bridge before and neither one knocked my socks off. I actually saw Shinedown in concert a few years ago and I liked them. They covered the Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Simple Man". That song fit well into their set, I also noticed that most of their songs have a 70's feel. And in this age of overproduced songs, that's truly a compliment. I will have to check out the other bands mentioned. Another person suggested Coldplay. No offense but I like rock music that has some crunch.

Here's a good recent rock song:


As I was thinking about the current music scene, I realized I left out a few good current rock bands. One of my favorite CDs of 2011 was Black Stone Cherry's "Between The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea". I also am a big fan of My Chemical Romance and enjoyed many songs off of Cab's "Symphony Soldier". I especially like this song:


Also exercising this morning my iPod played this song, I love me some Paramore.

No comments:

Favorites