Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Brief update, Seether is Sick, Julianne Hough, Emma Stone

Hello,

I'm back briefly. My life has been so crazy lately. It was my birthday weekend this past weekend. I also had my kids plus church related things so that ate up a lot of time.

Saturday night I enjoyed cheering on "my" Heat in their victory over the much loathed Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. It was a great game for the Heat and for Chris Bosh. By both not playing in the first couple of games, but then being able to play Bosh showed how valuable he truly is to the Heat. I'm looking forward to the NBA Finals, it will be a great and hard fought series. Though the Heat are "my" team for this playoffs, I have nothing against the Thunder. I'll be happy to see either team become the NBA champions.

Tonight I'm taking my son and his friend to go meet Seether at Graywhale in Taylorsville. Then I'm taking them to see, big breath, My Darkest Days, Bush, Seether and Nickelback in concert. I've reached that age where I don't usually go to the concerts, but I'm the transportation. I don't ever want to see Nickelback in concert again, they are terrible. I wouldn't mind seeing Seether, they have a lot of great songs. In fact they are going to be the driving music as we drive all over Salt Lake Valley today.

Update: Apparently the singer for Seether, Shaun Morgan, cancelled the appearance because he was sick. And it seems he's still sick? But good news he can still perform tonight.

My son is also going to the Warped Tour on Saturday, I'll be missing that one as well.

For my birthday I received a Kindle and I'm absolutely loving it, more coming later. I'm absolutely enjoying being able to download first chapters/samples from books.

I saw "Prometheus" last week. It was kind of cool and it had many great visuals. It was better than the third "Alien", but worse than the first two. It was much more bizarre than I was expecting it to be. Do I recommend it. Maybe it depends what other movies are out and that you have already seen.

With "Avengers", the amazing "Battleship", the visually cool "Prometheus" this has been a lot better year for movies than last year. And the new Batman movie still hasn't arrived yet. However doesn't the new Spiderman movie look lame? I wish they would give Spiderman a rest. Also no one would ever call Emma Stone, who stars in the latest Spiderman reboot, lame.

The lovely Miss Stone:



Also Friday I plan on going and seeing "Rock of Ages". I've been rocking out to the soundtrack lately. It's very good. I love some of the Glee like mash ups of songs. Julianne Hough looks gorgeous and sounds great in this movie, Tom Cruise not so much.

The lovely Miss Hough:



I love this song: Rebecca Ferguson's "Nothing's Real But Love":



Is this not one of the best examples of a so called ear worm. You know one of those songs that get stuck in your head and it takes days to get rid of it. 102 million people have viewed this highly addictive video:



There may be a subtle change coming to this blog, my brother had a good idea. He suggested instead of posting one big blog that covers everything, maybe I should break the blog into mini-blogs organized by subject. That would be a little more work, but it's an interesting idea.

themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites