Wednesday, December 23, 2015

(Finished December 26th, 2015, Revamped and Revised March 4th, 2023) Some of The Best Songs from "The Royals" (Through Season 2, Episode 3)

Hello,

Not only is "The Royals" an entertaining, sudsy drama set amidst among England's fictional royalty and pretty people, there are also great songs playing in many of the scenes. Another great thing about the show is that it doesn't take itself seriously. Obviously the producers realize this isn't deep thinking material and don't try to turn the show into something it's not. Along with that "The Royals" has some amazing eye candy, including the still vibrant Elizabeth Hurley. How is the lovely Miss Hurley still so gorgeous at the age of 50? Alexandra Park, Princess Eleanor, should be eye candy. However the skanky, spoiled princess look doesn't do much for me. I prefer the innocent looking Ophelia, played by Merritt Patterson. The most beautiful woman on this show is bright eyed beauty below, the lovely Miss Patterson:


"The Royals" is an enjoyable show and you should check it out. But this blog is more about the great music in this show. First of all the bands that "The Royals" are trying to break seem to be singer Slow Club (not my cup of tea), Kid Karate (see below) and Wolf Alice (they have their moments). If you want your music to be on this show, include Wolf in your name. There's more than one Wolf band on "The Royals" Here are some of my favorite songs through Season 2, episode. 

Ultimately "The Royals" became too soapy for it's own good and it wasn't worth watching any more. But it started out pretty strong. It's also way too sexual.

First up a triple play from Kid Karate (hoping they'll soon have more than 5 songs available). Update: Kid Karate now has more songs than those five, however they haven't quite broken out like I was hoping they would. 1) "This City":


2) "Don't Stop":


Kid Karate is as good as I remember, these are three great songs. 3) "Louder"


"The Royals" introduced to me a lot of songs that I would probably have never heard otherwise. 4) I Am Harlequin "Something Else":


5) Wolf Alice"You're A Germ":


6) Natalia Kills' "Problem":


7) Clooney's "More More More":


A song, from the great CD "Love Stuff" that I've loved for the last few years. I should have paid more attention to the music of "The Royals" and I would have known about Miss King a few months previous to when I found out about Miss King. 8) Elle King's "Ex's and Oh's":


8) Lissie "Nothing Else Matters":


9) Lorde "Everybody Wants To Rule The World":


10) Black English "Leave The Door Wide Open":


11) Zella Day "Hypnotic":


To my knowledge this hasn't been on "The Royals" yet, but it seems a natural fit. One of the characters name is Ophelia. 12) Zella Day "Sweet Ophelia":


13) exlovers "You Forget So Easily":


14) A Band Called Quinn "DIY":



15) The Keys "People Meet People":



16) Spoon "Rainy Taxi":



17) The Pow Pow "Fill Me Up":



I'm pretty sure this great song is also on the very solid soundtrack for "Paper Towns" 18) Saint Motel "My Type":



19) Miss Amani "Come On Now":


Not yet on "The Royals" but should be added. 20) Miss Amani "Who's On My Rocket":



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent job!
I'm a die hard fan of The Royals, and REALLY love the soundtrack!
I'm assuming the above list is from the first season?
Do you still watch, and if so, have you made a list like this for any of the other seasons?
I can't thank you enough, as you made it so simple to go down the list, listen, and not down my notes!!
I'm currently loving season 4, episode 3's, "Bright Lines" by The Donnies and the Amys.
Of course, unlike you, I'm a Princess Eleanor fan. I was never much for the"sweet gals", but do currently like the character who plays Roberts girl BEFORE the crash, then sleeps with Lliam, and decides to go with Robert AGAIN, when he returns...only to be snubbed by the bitter Robert because she wasn't honest with him upon his return.
Again...thank you. I enjoyed your writing and list.
My personal fave on the list HAS to be, Elle King, of course.
Oh, and FYI-the video for ”Nothing Else Matters" is no longer available.
Hope you still watch-it MAY be the last Season!!������

Favorites