Sunday, December 13, 2015

INXS's Surprisingly Good Final Studio Album: The "Switch" Was Set To Better Than Expected

Hello,

I'm still working on my "City on Fire" blog, I was able to get to page 218 today. I'll finish that blog and my "Kick" blogs eventually.

I have to admit I didn't pay much attention to "Rock Star: INXS", I thought it was a cynical cash grab for one final shot at glory. While it still may have been that, I'll have to admit that the results were much better than I expected. Honestly if I hadn't been researching INXS' "Kick", I probably would have never stumbled on to the pleasures of "Switch". The only album INXS recorded with the winner, J.D. fortune, of their reality show. He's probably not as charismatic as former singer Michael Hutchence, but Fortune sounds a lot like Hutchence. That helps gives the songs more of a viability, Fortune infuses each song with a swagger. While I'm not saying that "Switch" is the greatest CD of all-time or even the best INXS CD- it is still a pretty solid CD. Check it out if you can, here's a video for each song.

1) "Devil's Party" Fortune definitely has what it takes to be a lead man and I love the sax on this song:


2) "Pretty Vegas":


3) "Afterglow":


I love how alluring these woman are without being overly slutty. 4) "Hot Girls":


5) "Perfect Strangers":


6) "Remember Who's Your Man":


7) "Hungry":


8) "Never Let You Go":


9) "Like It Or Not":


10) "Us":


11) "God's Top Ten":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites