Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Songs on themusicaddict's Radar Merry "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Eve Eve (Started December 16th, 2015) (No Spoilers I Promise)

Hello,

My goodness I can hardly wait for Friday morning! I haven't bought a ticket, I'm just showing up and hoping for a ticket. The first review is in and EW is giving it a B+. If after watching the movie I agree with that review, I would be ecstatic. Then I'll plan on finding another time to go see it. I'm com-pletely giving in to my "Star Wars" fandom this week. Here's one of the trailers with music only, I thought this is very cool. May The Force Be With You!


Here's an extended version of "The Force Awakens" main title song:


According to the I'm sure, self-titled, "King Of Soundtrack", here's the best music from "Star Wars":


"The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)":


"Star Wars" Main Theme:


Combining two huge cultural forces, disco and "Star Wars", here's Meco's "Star Wars" Theme:


Here's some songs for you non-"Star Wars" geeks:

First up a triple play of R.E.M.:

"Fall On Me":



The much maligned "Shiny Happy People" (featuring the B-52's Kate Pierson), but one of the many R.E.M. songs I absolutely love:



Another one of my favorite R.E.M. songs, "Don't Go Back To Rockville" (with weird intro):



I was reminded of some of the great music of Siouxsie and The Banshees this past weekend and I really like this mix of "Kiss Them For Me" (Snapper Mix):



Thanks youtube.com for introducing this song to me. "Cities In Dust (Extended Eruption Mix)":



Gentlemans Pistols "Private Rendezvous" isn't available in video form yet- that's my favorite song on "Hustler's Row". So here's "Devil's Advocate On Call":



A couple from Queen, first "Keep Yourself Alive":



Like "Shiny Happy People" and R.E.M. I'm sure most of this band's diehard fans would disown this song. But I absolutely love this corny, but great, song. "Flash Gordon":



Metallica's "Master of Puppets":



INXS' "Original Sin":




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites