Saturday, July 13, 2019

(Finished July 12th, 2020) Some of the Best Songs of the 50s

Hello,

This blog was inspired by a scene from "Mad Men", which is below. I know "Mad Men" is set in the 60s and that "The Best Things In Life Are Free" is from the 20s. As much as possible I'm posting songs I have never posted before or have rarely posted.

Bert Morse "The Best Things In Life Are Free":


The 50's:

1) Dion and The Belmont "A Teenager In Love":



2) The Champs "Tequila":



3) Fats Domino "Ain't That A Shame":



This is such a cool song. 4) The Big Bopper "Chantilly Lace":



5) Danny and the Juniors "At The Hop":



I know what the announcer says here, but the song was actually released in 1956.
6) Muddy Waters "Got My Mojo Workin'":



7) The Platters "The Great Pretender":



8) The Five Satins "In The Still of the Night":



9) The Coasters "Yakety Yak":



10) Johnny Preston "Running Bear":



11) Eddie Cochran "Summertime Blues":



12) Buddy Holly "Peggy Sue":



13) Elvis Presley "Heartbreak Hotel":



I'm playing this for Richie Cunningham's benefit. 14) Fats Domino "Blueberry Hill":



15) Johnny Cash "I Walk The Line":



16) Frank Sinatra "I've Got You Under My Skin":



17) Frank Sinatra "I've Got The World On A String":



18) Scream Jay Hawkins "I Put A Spell On You":



19) Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers "Why Do Fools In Love":



20) The Isley Brothers "Shout":



21) The Everly Brothers "Wake Up Little Susie":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites