Saturday, July 13, 2019

(Finished July 13th, 2019) What Is The Greater Rap CD "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" or "Raising Hell", Part 1

Hello,

I've long contended that RUN-D.M.C.'s "Raising Hell" is the greatest rap record ever. However as I continue to listen to Lauryn Hill's "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" I've started wondering if "Raising Hell" has been surpassed? I've decided to compare both CDs track by track and let's solve this riddle. This alternates between Lauryn Hill and RUN-D.M.C.

"The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill":

Even in a miseducation, there is still roll call. Get it? 1) "Intro":


1) "Peter Piper":


Round One goes to RUN-D.M.C., "Peter Piper" is just one of the many classics on this CD. One of the down sides of "Miseducation" is the classroom settings. I don't mind them that much overall, however I do mind that they're attached to the actual songs. They should be their own tracks so people can skip or listen to them as wanted. 

I like this version much better than the one on the CD, it has much more pep and energy.
2) "Lost Ones":


2) "It's Tricky":


While I do love Lauryn's "Lost Ones", there was no way it was ever going to win this contest. "It's Tricky" is easily one of the Top 500 songs of all-time. 

3) "Ex-Factor":


3) "My Adidas":


Again RUN-D.M.C. gets the nod here, I think you might see where this is going.

4)"To Zion" (featuring Carlos Santana):


featuring Aerosmith 4) "Walk This Way":


RUN-D.M.C take a great song and make it even better vs. a loving tribute from a Mom to her son. Although I love the tender song by Lauryn Hill, but the edge goes to RUN-D.M.C.

5) "Doo Wop (That Thing):


5) "Is It Live":


While I do love RUN-D.M.C.'s "Is It Live", there was no way it was ever going to win this contest. "Doo Wop (That Thing)" is easily one of the Top 500 songs of all-time. 

6) "Superstar":


6) "Perfection":



Again the edge goes to RUN-D.M.C and they're leading this duel 5 to 1.

7) "Final Hour":



7) "Hit It Run":



Yeah you guessed it, RUN-D.M.C. wins again.

8) "When It Hurts So Bad":



8) "Raising Hell":



As you can tell RUN-D.M.C. won this battle between two great rap CDs. RUN-D.M.C. won this round and now lead 7-1. With them obviously winning this contest, I'm just going to post videos from here on out. This is no disrespect to Lauryn Hill, both CDs are amazing. Both would look great in your music collection. 

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites