Thursday, August 24, 2023

(Finished August 24th, 2023) Part 7 of Apple's Top 200 Most Streamed 80s Songs 80-61

Hello,

Holy hell I'm in an 80s mood. After seeing David Bowie and Depeche Mode tribute bands and the actual Love and Rockets I've heard a lot of great 80s music live this year. Later this year I'll be seeing the Lost 80s tour which feature bands such as Wang Chung, General Public, Naked Eyes and others. And tonight I'll be seeing Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers and Chic and Bastille. With all that going on I'll be doing an 80s blog, but I desperately wanted to do something different than I've done before.  Thus I Googled for the best selling 80s songs of all-time. 

I normally would go to Billboard for this kind of thing, however I didn't want to pay for access for that. I continued Googling and came across a list of the most streamed songs on Apple Music. For some reason there are only 199 songs on their Top 200, that gives me the option to provide my own song at #200. There are some very unusual songs on this list, including songs I've never heard of. But that's why I wanted a list like that to force me to include songs that I don't usually share. 

I'm considering coming up with a second set of blogs about songs that I can't believe aren't on this list.

80) Madness "It Must Be Love":

79) George Michael "Faith":

78) Fleetwood Mac "Gypsy":

77) Dire Straits "Money For Nothing":

76) The Stone Roses "Waterfall":

75) Bonnie Tyler "Total Eclipse of the Heart": 

One of the greatest songs of all-time. 74) Elton John "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues":

73) Foreigner "I Want To Know What Love Is":

72) Bob Marley and the Wailers "Buffalo Soldier":

71) Technotronic "Pump Up The Jam":

70) N.W.A. "Straight Outta Compton":

69) Rufus and Chaka Khan "Ain't Nobody":

68) Guns N' Roses Paradise City":

67) Billy Joel "Uptown Girl":

66) Guns N' Roses "Welcome To The Jungle":

65) Erasure "A Little Respect":

64) Stevie Nicks "Edge of Seventeen":

63) Michael Jackson "PYT":

62) Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Want To Have Fun":

61) Culture Club "Karma Chameleon":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites