Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Sunday!

Hello,

I just wanted to check in real quickly. A personal note: after a rough patch and a seperation with my wife things are looking up. We still have a long ways to go but at least we are heading in the right direction. Also my wife is taking care of her nieces this weekend which means I have been taking care of our kids this. That has been good and we have had a lot of fun. We were able to go to church today, I am glad whenever we can do that.

Sports: my teams are rolling, BYU killed UCLA 59-0 yesterday. Also my alumnus, Utah, and another one of my favorite college teams, USC, both rolled yesterday. Also one of my favorite baseball teams, the LA Dodgers, is on a terrific roll. After losing 8 in a row to some really crappy teams, they have won 12 of their last 13 games. It is looking like they have a really good chance to make the playoffs. So that would be three of my teams in the playoffs. It is shaping up to be a great sports time this Fall for me.

Music news: not much is going on. Apple's much hyped iPod announcement wasn't that excting. They basically are making moves to differentiate the iPod from the iPhone. The iPhone had been cannabalizing iPod sales. Metallica's new CD, "Death Magnetic" came out this past Friday with generally positive reviews. It is a CD I want to buy once I get some money.

Even though I had a three day weekend, I have been incredibly busy with so many other things. Things should be settling down tomorrow. I go back to work and should be able to post soon. If not Monday or Tuesday then Wednesday for sure. I have Wednesday off from my job. I will be back with a lot better and more informative blog by then. Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites