Thursday, September 4, 2008

NFL starts, pennant races

Hello my good friends,

Things are looking up for me. My wife and I have reconciled a bit and things are going a lot better with her. My job starts tomorrow, It's not much but at least it is something. I am going to go hang out with my two older boys at a Triple A play off baseball game. I will be able to see my other two kids Saturday. So things are heading in a positive direction. As long as things are going in a positive direction I will be happy.

Another thing making me happy is that the NFL starts tonight. For me it is a who cares game: Washington vs. The New York Giants. I am still in shock the Giants won the Super Bowl. I think and hope they are going to be horrible this year. My team is the Dallas Cowboys and I also cheer for Tampa Bay. In Dallas I am really nervous about them, a lot of people are picking them to win the NFC. When that happens there is no way to go but down. I would prefer my beloved Cowboys sneak up on people. Plus the other thing that makes me nervous about the Cowboys is that they have one of the worst coaches ever, Wade Phillips. A coach that can turn a winner into a loser very quickly. Even if they win the Super Bowl I am still hoping this is Phillips last season.

Also with about 25 games left in Major League Baseball the pennant races are heating up. It's a long story so I won't explain but I have 4 teams in MLB. Three of them have a chance to make the playoffs. Two of my teams are almost assuredly going to make the playoffs, the Cubs and the Red Sox. My other team, the Dodgers, are really struggling, but they are playing in a very mediocre division. The pennant races are always exciting. Also college football is in full swing, this is one of my favorite times of the year.

Not much going on in the music world still. U2 announced on their website that they have hit a strong songwriting vein and would like to continue working on that. So their CD that was suppose to come out this year is being pushed to 2009. Bono said he wants 2009 to be U2's year. I am still hoping that 2008 will be Guns n' Roses year. Speaking of which, Velvet Revolver is still looking for a singer. The one that seems to be the favorite is Royce Langston of Spacehog. However Slash does not seem to be fully sold on him. He said he is looking for a hard rock singer. In a comment attached to the story they suggested that maybe they should get Sammy Hagar. There are several problems with that idea. First of all I don't know if either Velvet Revolver or Hagar would want that. Also Hagar is about to hit 60, how long is his voice going to last? I have a suggestion. Someone kick Axl's ass and have him take the lead singer of Velvet Revolver. They then can change their name to Guns n' Roses and we can have a full reunion. I know, it will never happen, but a guy can dream.

Also last night I watched "Rocky V", it was not as bad as I expected it to be. Not that it is a classic by any stretch of the imagination. But it is good enough, a good video movie. Also last night I watched another episode of "Mad Men". I was not overly impressed after watching the first three episodes. But I thought a lot about those episodes yesterday, I just kept on thinking about all the cool storylines. The show would not leave my mind. I did notice there is a little more connection from episode to episode but the episodes are still mostly self-contained. The Season One DVD is out and I would like to see the episodes from the first season. That would fill in some blanks for me.

That's about it. I am working tomorrow and I will be watching sports all weekend. So I will be busy the next seven days at least. I am going to try and squeeze at least one blog in this weekend and at least one or two early next weekend. Also hopefully I will find out some more exciting news. have a good weekend, the music addict

No comments:

Favorites