Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Go Cubs!, Upcoming CD's

Hello,

My life has been very busy. My wife and I continue to work through our issues. That is a work in progress but it's going well. I have been able to spend a lot of time at home with my family lately. That has been fun. However it is also crazy as we have 4 kids and my beautiful wife babysits 3 of her nieces. So having 7 kids 12 and under here at one time can be a little chaotic. Overall things are going well. I have nothing to complain about. I also like being home when I can as I help with the kids and the housework as my wife is plenty busy.

Here's some music news. In the world of sports I am a Cubs fan. They just clinched the best record in the National League. One of the Cubs Hall-of-Famers Ernie Banks, a.k.a. Mr. Cub, asked Eddie Vedder to write a song for the Cubs. Vedder spent his formative years in Chicago and is a big Cubs fan. So he complied with Banks request. The result of this is the song "All The Way", which is now available to purchase at pearljam.com. You have to create an account to get the song. A couple of minutes of work and 99c and the song can be yours. I am a bit biased but I think it is a pretty good song. The song was recorded live. The Cubs need all the help they can get as it has been 100 years since they last won a World Series. Go Cubs!

I am not sure if this is even worthy of a blog note but here we go. In the no duh! category Clay Aiken has announced he is gay. Why did he think he had to make that official, that is obvious. That's like Lindsay Lohan announcing she has trouble controlling her impulses or Brittani Spears announcing she hasn't been the best mother. Let's see what else are we going to hear. Here's some potential headlines if the obvious keeps on being announced. Motley Crue likes women! Snoop Dogg likes to smoke marijuana! Dolly Parton has big boobs. Paula Abdul has given up on being coherent. Simon Cowell loves himself! Randy Jackson has the smallest vocabulary of any adult in the world? Here's a personal one: I love my wife and kids very much!

Rolling Stone has a very nice feature about 50 CD's coming out this Fall and Winter. Some of these CD's look good like Pink, David Cook, AC/DC, Tom Morello aka The Nightwatchmen, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson and The Killers. Also at this website you can listen to some of the music from some of these upcoming CD's. Unfortunately there is a lot of crap coming out as well. Brittani Spears is releasing her new CD on her birthday, December 2nd. Isn't that special! I will try to differentiate between the quality and the crap for you. There still is no official word on the long gestating Guns 'n Roses "Chinese Democracy". It would take an out of body experience to figure out what exactly Axl is doing, assuming that he knows. The next U2 CD, rumored out to be out this fall, has been now pushed to Spring '09.

A very nice person bought "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" for me and I have started reading it. So far so good. It looks like it is going to be a very interesting novel. I am hoping it is a novel I can completely get lost in.

Finally in sports, this is the last week of the regular season for Major League Baseball. If you have any interest at all, now is a good time to start watching. The playoffs start October 1st with the World Series starting on October 22nd. I am cheering for the Dodgers, assuming they make it, Boston and the Cubs. After making the playoffs for I think 12 straight years, the Yankees are not going to the playoffs this season. In fact, they just played their last game ever in historic Yankees Stadium.

After having 4 easy days the next 3 days will be 10 days of work each day. So I probably won't be blogging again until Sunday. Have a good weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites