Monday, September 8, 2008

Apple iPod Announcement 9/9/08

Hello,

Just a personal update, last Friday I started working at my new job. I am working at RB's in Woods Cross, Utah. It is a job right up my alley. Also I was able to hang out with my two oldest kids at a minor league baseball game Friday night. (Thanks Dad!) That was fun although my kids were more concerned about fighting over toy baseball caps than the actual game. Also I was able to spend most of Saturday with all 4 of my kids. I played with my youngest kids and watched football and baseball with my two oldest boys. It was a good sports weekend for me as Dallas, BYU and the U. of U. all won. In baseball both the Dodgers and the Red Sox had good weekends. Both the Dodgers and the Cubs are in first place with the Red Sox closing in on first place.

Now on to the music, I apologize this is going to be a short blog. Today is the first of four straight days that I will be working. First of all my prayers and wishes go out to those who are or were in the pathway of Hurricane Ike. I understand this hurricane may hit Cuba's capital, Havana. Also in three more days it will be the 7th anniversary of 9/11. Let's all take a moment to remember all those that died that day. Can you believe it has already been 7 years since that historic Tuesday morning? I still remember many of the awful thoughts and feelings from that day. I highly reccomend watching "United 93". This will just give you the smallest fraction of an idea of what it was like being on the receiving end of the attack that day.

Now on to happier stuff. First of all I made a mistake when talking about "Mad Men". I had said that it had won two Emmys, instead it actually won two Golden Globes awards. Also new episodes of "Mad Men" are on Sunday nights on AMC. You can catch all this season's, season 2, previous episodes on Comcast On Demand. The season 1 DVD is out now. Last night instead of watching MTV's Video Music Awards I watched "Takin' Care of Business". This is the James Belushi and Charles Grodin film. It is a pretty mediocre movie, with a very unbelievable story. The most unbelievable thing in the movie is that the Cubs win the World Series! Although that is something I very much would like to see. The last time the Cubs won the World Series was 1908, 100 years ago exactly.

Finally I am big Apple Inc. fan and I also love their iPod and Macs. Tomorrow Apple is making a big announcement regarding their iPods. Most people think it will be a dramatic announcement as many companies are beginning to sell MP3 players. Even Dell is working on bringing a MP3 player to the market. There are many MP3 players but very few good ones. The iPod rules and Apple will make a big announcement about what they are going to do to keep it that way.

Have a good week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites