Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Gran Torino" Trailer, mtvmusic.com rules


Hello,

My blog is now 10% better featuring pictures and I am using spell check. Two days in a row can you believe it? I still can't get over how stunning Jennifer Aniston looks. Her picture alone improved my blog by about 100% yesterday.

I am watching mtvmusic.com right now as I write this. This is such a great, great site. I am wondering why it took so long for them to put it on-line. Although I have discovered there are several videos that are not on the site. For instance, Loverboy only has one video available. I am currently enjoying videos by Rihanna, she is fantastic. mtvmusic.com is basically a social networking site with videos. You can add friends, rate videos, add videos to your profile and be in contact with other members etc. It can be your own little MTV station, like back in the day for those that remembered when it use to be good, except no commercials, no annoying promos and no jabbering VJ's.

Also Rihanna has become one of my favorite singers, even more because of mtvmusic.com. She chooses great songs. She can do everything from ballads "Take A Bow", "P.S. (I'm Still Not Over You" ), "A Million Miles Away" and "Unfaithful". She is also great at mid-tempo songs: "Umbrella" and "Good Girls Gone Bad". She also excels on very energetic songs like "Shut Up and Drive", "Don't Stop The Music"and "Breaking Dishes". She has a great voice and is gorgeous. If I could afford it I would definitely go see her in concert.

Other news: in no surprise Barack Obama, or as I like to call him President Obama, has been named Time Magazine's Person of the Year. Is anyone surprised by this, I mean who else would it be? George Bush? Uh, no! Dick Cheney, Karl Rove or any of his other staff. No, hell no and no. I mean who else would it be? Also Rolling Stone has a special commemorative issue out now devoted to Barack Obama. It has highlights from his being a senator to winning the Presidential election. I am so excited for the Obama Presidency to begin. Although Bush is doing as much damage as possible before he leaves office. He will definitely go down as one of the worst Presidents of all-time.

Other tidbits, you definitely need to go to youtube.com and check out the movie trailer for "Gran Torino". This is Clint Eastwood's latest movie, out this December. He says this may be his last acting role, Eastwood is 78 years old. This movie looks like it is going to be great. Eastwood is one of my favorite actors and directors currently working. His directing and acting of "Million Dollar Baby" is fantastic. Hillary Swank is absolutely incredible in that movie as well, that is some of the best acting I have ever seen. Also still out is "The Changeling", the movie he directed starring Angelina Jolie.

Also in the recent Rolling Stone, with Brad Pitt on the cover, there is an article on real life superheroes. Although these people seem earnest, they still seem to be a little ridiculous. How can you take someone seriously who wears pajamas in public? On one hand I don't want to ridicule these people, but on the other hand this is a pretty funny article.

Also story of the day is the 1981 case of the murdered Adam Walsh has been solved. Adam Walsh would have been 33 years old today if still alive. That is still such a sad story. I admire the Walsh's though, they made the best of a bad situation. Their outrage prompted them to help start "America's Most Wanted". A show that has found some of the worst criminals, saving who knows how many lives. I think all parents owe a debt of gratitude to the Walshs. Thanks John and Keve.

Miscellaneous: Christina Aguilera's "Genie In A Bottle" is such a great song. I am talking about the old school version. She has such an amazing voice which leads me to the video of the day. Christina Aguilera's "Candyman" is a great video and a great song. David Archuleta has filmed a video for his new song. The song is called "A Little Too Not Over You". Again David Archuleta has a pretty good song, no one is more surprised than me. The video has him in it so obviously the video can't be good. I also had to laugh votefortheworst.com calls Archuleta "Gaspy". In "The Biggest Loser" news, oh wait a minute I don't care.

Steve Jobs has cancelled his speech at this year's Macworld. That usually would be big news but this year it is especially big news. Coming 3 weeks before Macworld, this appears to not be very good timing. Of course what many people are concerned with is that Steve Jobs has had a recurrence of his cancer. Apple has no published succession plan and Jobs is so vital to Apple that this is a frightening development in the Apple world. Best wishes Steve.

Last but not least, songs rockin' my iPod: 1) "Finish What Ya' Started" (Live)- Van Halen 2) "Rain King"- The Counting Crows I think this song and "A Long December" are their two best songs. 3) "But It's Better If You Do"- Panic! At The Disco 4) "The Shortest Straw"- Metallica 5) "Black Sheep"- John Anderson 6) "What Can You Do For Me?"- The Utah Saints No not a religious song. 7) "Picture To Burn"- The fantastic Taylor Swift 8) "Venus"- Bananarama 9) "My Old Yellow Car"- Dan Seals 10) "Physical"-Olivia Newton-John 11) "Rikki Don't Lose That Number"- Steely Dan and 12) "Sadie"- Grattitude. If you haven't ever heard this song you need to find it and check it out. It is a great song from a great CD. I am going to try and link it to this blog.

That is it for now, hopefully I will be back Friday. If you haven't started your Christmas shopping you may want to now. Christmas is a week from tomorrow. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites