Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jennifer Aniston, "Wolverine" trailer

You will have to forgive me I am working on adding pictures to my blog.


A picture of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima in World War Two. An amazing picture on what was a brutal battlefield. Check out the excellent Clint Eastwood directed film "Flags of Our Fathers" to get more of an understanding.
Hello,

Just a quick blog today. Back in the 80's there was a singer/comedian by the name of Julie Brown (not to be confused with the much lamer Downtown Julie Brown). Anyway she had a song, and I am fairly certain there was a video as well, for the song called "Homecoming Queen Has A Gun". I went to mtvmusic.com the other day to watch it. Unfortunately it is not there yet. I was disappointed by that as that was going to be one of my videos of the day. So as sort of a consolation prize, today's videos of the day are her two videos available. The first and the best of the two is "Girl Fight Tonight". It is both a much better song and video than "Trapped In The Body Of A White Girl (Version 2)". (By the way MTV I am still waiting for Camper Van Beethoven's "Pictures of Matchstick Men" to appear on mtvmusic.com.)

A band you should check out is the Pipettes. They have a 50's/60's girl group sort of vibe with a modern sheen. They are very good although they have gone through some membership changes recently. Check out their latest CD, "We Are The Pipettes". On this CD, the best song is "ABC". They join the recent wave of updated but vintage stylings of artists like Amy Winehouse and the Detroit Cobras. And to a lesser degree Green Day's garage rock band side as the Foxboro Hottubs.
Other news I am sure you have seen the above picture of Jennifer Aniston. She is forty and still amazingly gorgeous! (Thanks to gq.com) Although I was never a big fan of "Friends" she was great in "Office Space". Also her new movie is debuting Christmas Day, it is titled "Marley and Me". This is a movie about a young couple taking on the task of having a wild out of control puppy. The movie is based on the book of the same name. It's a fantastic book, a definite must read. Why am I writing about this in a music blog. 1) She's Jennifer Aniston and absolutely gorgeous. 2) There are also two musical connections with her., however tenuous. First the dog Marley is named after the great reggae singer Bob Marley. Also she currently is dating John Meyer. He must have something going for him. I am not sure what it is but it is not his music, most of his music sucks.
Also if you go to ew.com you can link to the new "Wolverine" trailer. "Wolverine" is played by Hugh Jackman. For those of you who don't know, Wolverine is one of the main characters in the "X-Men" series. This particular movie is an origin story. This trailer is fantastic and gives me hope of a great movie. (Not all trailers are made equal though. The best trailer/ worst movie combination I have seen is Sly Stallone's "Cliffhanger". After seeing that preview I could not wait to see the movie. Other than the first few minutes that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.)
Also amazon.com has an amazing 34 free MP3's today. Including one from former American Idol Jason Castro. He sings the Christmas classic "White Christmas". Although the accompany photo of Castro in a Santa hat just does not work for him. (That is not a picture I wanted on my blog.) I would reccomend you sign up for the amazon.com weekly MP3 music newsletter. They have quite a few great songs available for free, but usually only for a limited time. I have discovered a lot of great songs that I would not have heard any other way. (I know iTunes music store does the same thing, but they usually only have two to four free songs available weekly.)
As of this morning, on ew.com, is a feature where you can pick what you think is the greatest performance on "American Idol" so far. Some of the songs they picked are incredibly lame, David Archuletta's "Imagine" please, but some of them are quite good. They include Carrie Underwood's "Alone", Jordin Sparks' "I (Who Have Nothing) and Kelly Clarkson's "Stuff Like That There". However out of them the one I picked as the best is Jason Castro's transcendent "Hallelujah". Although I thought Castro should have been kicked off sooner, this performance was absolutely amazing. Remember for more "American Idol" rumors check out the great website votefortheworst.com. They love to spoil as many of "Idol's" secrets as they can.
That is it for now, but I should be back tomorrow. I would like to congratulate my wife on joining the blogging world. If you have the urge to join the blogging world, it is very easy. All you have to do is go to blogspot.com and they do most of the heavy lifting for you. Even on blogs where few people read them, like mine, it is still very satisfying to write a blog. Have a good day and enjoy the Christmas season. themusicaddict.

No comments:

Favorites