Sunday, December 28, 2008

January Jones, upcoming CD's

This is the incomparable January Jones, in a scene from "Mad Men". A very attractive lady in a very good show. By the way themusicaddict thinks smoking is a disgusting habit, but this is the best picture I could find. The other pictures I saw of Jones were a lot less appropriate. A bit of trivia in this show set in the 60's. The cigarettes they are smoking are herbal cigarettes. (Thanks to the AMC network and the excellent "Mad Men" show.)

Upcoming CD news. Remember all dates listed are tentative. Morrissey has completed work on a new CD, "Years of Refusal". It contains 12 tracks including the first single "I Am Throwing My Arms Around Paris". I am not sure if this song is about the person or the city :). It should be released on February 9th. The new CD should be out on February 16th. Rumors are circulating that there will be a lengthy US tour. I would love to see Morrissey in concert. (Thanks to lloydsoldout.com.)


Other new CD news, the name of U2's new CD is "No Line on the Horizon". It will be released on March 3rd in 5 different versions. (Thanks to billboard.com) Also the original "American Idol" winner, Kelly Clarkson is back. Her new single is going to be released on January 19th, 2009. (The day before we finally get a new President, whoo-hoo!) The name of that song is "My Life Would Suck Without You". Yes that really is the name of the song. And unconfirmed reports say that the song is dedicated to me. Thanks, Kelly. Her new and so far untitled CD should be out on March 19th. I look very much forward to all those new releases.

For Christmas I received a bunch of money, most of it went to bills. However some of the money I used to buy new music at iTunes music store. One of the cool things I like about the iTunes music store is the Complete My Album feature. Now there are a lot of these "incomplete" CD's I only bought one or two songs off of them for a reason. But there are some CD's that you actually want the whole thing. For instance, I completed the album on Brad Paisley's "Time Well Wasted" using the Complete My Album feature. Again CDs you would want to use this feature on are few and far between, but it is really cool when it works out.

A website I want to give you a heads up on is grabb.it/tv. This is a site that has collected all the videos that were in the MTV Top 20 Countdown for the years of 1980-1998. Now this isn't the Top 20 countdowns themselves, these are just the collected videos for each countdown. I have enjoyed some classic videos from the early 80's. They include "Funky Town"- Lipps Inc., Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)", Boz Skaggs' "Breakdown Dead Ahead", Christopher Cross' "Ride Like The Wind", Kim Carnes' "Bette Davis Eyes" and Gary Numan's "Cars". Now this is a great site but it does have three main problems. One, grabb.it/tv is a very slow loading site. Two, a lot of the videos aren't actual videos. When you go to the site you will see what I mean. Three, a lot of the videos aren't posted due to legal reasons. In spite of those three things it is a very cool site.

Quickly here are some great songs I would reccomend you download: The Passenger's "Night Vision Binoculars", Meiko's "Girls With Boyfriends", Whitney Houston's "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and the very funny Stephen Colbert song, "Another Christmas Song".

Finally songs rockin' my iPod 1) "Welcome To The Jungle (Live)" 2) "Nine Below Zero"- Muddy Waters 3) "No One Else"- Weezer 4) "Glory of Love"- Peter Cetera 5 & 6) "Omaha" and "The Rain King" by The Counting Crows 7) "Crazy For This Girl"- Evan and Jaron 8) "Strangelove"- Depeche Mode 9) "Fergalicious"- Fergie featuring Will.i.am 10) "The Piano Man"- Billy Joel 11) "Going To California (Live)"- The Mighty Zepp 12) "Babysitter"- Morningwood 13) "This Love"- Maroon 5 14) "Borderline"- Madonna 15) "Rusty Cage"- Soundgarden 16) "Freewill"- Rush 17) "Cherry Bomb"- John Mellencamp 18) "Rock Me Amadeus"- Falco 19) "Turn The Beat Around"- Vicki Sue Robinson 20) "Long Goodbye"- Brooks and Dunn and 21) "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance"- Sinead O'Connor A great, biting break up song.

This is a new blog, but I am also going to be working more on yesterday's blog. I am not sure when I will be back next. Happy New Year from themusicaddict



No comments:

Favorites