Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Songs I've Discovered or Was Reminded Of January 2014

Hello,

I just want to write a quick blog of some cool songs that I've discovered or was reminded of in the last few days. Some of these songs have been out for awhile, but I'm just discovering them. If you are looking for a theme, there isn't one.

1) This song energized my workout this morning as I battled an elliptical machine. A double bonus as I'll be seeing Paramore in concert in a few months. Paramore's "Proof":



2) Shinedown's "Atmosphere":



3) I've known about this song for awhile, what a great song! This song will be great catharsis for when you are in a really bad mood, you just may not want to sing it in public. In This Moment's "Whore":



4) Hardwell's "Three Triangles" (I couldn't find the Pump It Up Edit that originally made me think of this song):



5) This week's free iTunes song, this is one of their best free songs in a while. "Closest thing to Michelle Pfieffer that you've ever seen." Vance Joy's "Riptide":



6) Gloria Estefan's "Get On Your Feet":



7) Bad Suns "Cardiac Rest":



8) Skillet's "Sick Of It":



9) The Greg Kihn Band's "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)":



10) Corrine Rae Bailey's "Put Your Records On":



And I just want to give a big shout out to the entire Avicii CD "True". I typically don't like dance music like this. But both this and the last Swedish House Mafia CD are two CDs that I really enjoy.



I always wonder how these ? (singers/ musicians, robots, all of the previous?) would be in concert. If you'd like to know here's Avicii's full set at Tomorrowland 2013:



themusicaddict



No comments:

Favorites