Friday, January 31, 2014

Songs I've Discovered Or Was Reminded Of, January 2014, Part 2

Hello,

I never intended to make a second one of this type of blogs but writing the first blog made me more aware of both new and old great songs. Thus here's a whole bunch of other songs that I've discovered or was reminded of recently.

Yesterday I was listening to music on Spotify, after listening to Natalie Grant's music for a few hours I wanted something new. I took full advantage of Spotify's Discover feature. Because I had listened to New Politics they recommended I check out a band called American Authors. Thanks Spotify, that was a great recommendation. Their sound reminds me a lot of Fun.. This is "The Best Day Of My Life":



On their solid 5 song EP, another track stood out "Home":



This is American Authors entire EP:



Yesterday I hadn't even heard of Natalie Grant, her name came up in one of the Facebook groups that I'm a member of. It seems Grant, a Christian musician, stormed out of the Grammy's during the show. I don't blame her because that show hasn't been about good music for several years. Although that may not be the reason she stormed. Usually I'm not a big fan of Christian music, most of the time its pretty weak. However the music of Grant is a lot better than I expected.

Grant reminds me a lot of Carrie Underwood, for one both are gorgeous blondes. Also both have very powerful voices and I think their voices sound alike. One of Grant's songs really stood out to me "I Will Not Be Moved":



Thanks again to Spotify for rediscovering this band, Set It Off's "Nightmare":



I listened to Set It Off's "Cinematics" (Expanded Edition) today twice. It's an excellent CD. Another song I really like on that CD is "Dad's Song":



Here's a couple of songs that added great music to my most recent workout:

LMFAO's "Party Rock":



Someone that has never received enough attention or love for her music, Chantal Kreviazuk. I highly suggest at least listening to her excellent CD "What If It All Means Something". This is one of my favorite songs on that CD. This is also the only video I could find for "Miss April":



I love to add new songs to my iTunes library, especially when they're free. There are so many great free songs available on-line. Two of my favorite free music providers are Google Play and Amazon. This is one of those songs I discovered from downloading free music. Diane Birch's "It Plays On":



I saw this at EW.com yesterday and I thought I'd share it with you. I love the early music of Nine Inch Nails, especially the amazing "Pretty Hate Machine". Sadly they/ Trent Reznor has never been able to equal the creative genius of that first CD. 2013's "Hesitation Marks" isn't 1/10th the CD that "Pretty Hate Machine" is. I thought this Trent Reznor parody was pretty close to being right on. "This Is A Trent Reznor Song":



In honor of "Pretty Hate Machine", "Terrible Lie":



Lady Gaga's recent CD is amazing, I don't know how she continues making such great music. One of my favorite songs on her latest CD is "Applause":



I'm closing out this blog with songs by two 80's rock stars. First up is Bon Jovi's "Wild Is The Wind":



In honor of Motley Crue's "final" tour. No really it's their final tour, they even signed a "cessation of touring" contract (or some such nonsense) that they can't tour after 2015. One of my favorite Crue songs, "Girls Girls Girls" (three of my favorite things!):



This is the Crue on Jimmy Kimmel just a couple of days ago. Vince Neil has been losing his voice for several years now, is that why his voice is buried in the mix?:



And here's the Crue in concert in 1987:



Motley Crue Live in 2013 (Warning the language will offend many.)



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites