Friday, January 24, 2014

The Monumentour Invades Provo, Utah August 13th, 2014: New Politics, Fall Out Boy and Paramore

Hello,

The following isn't an advertisement in any way, this is just a fan that's excited about what should be one hell of a show. This blog is about the Monumentor featuring Fall Out Boy and Paramore. This stop will be at the UCCU Center in Provo, Utah on August 13th, 2014. Ticket prices range from $28.50 to $49.50 for the actual tickets. Then of course the greed comes in with the convenience fee, parking fee and transaction fee. Thus a $50 ticket becomes a $63 ticket without any additional benefit for the fan.

Obviously the opening act will be New Politics. I've been listening to their two CDs on Spotify the last couple of days. Their self-titled first CD is good, but their second CD "A Bad Girl In Harlem" is even better.

This is New Politics' self-titled first CD:



These are three of my favorite songs from "A Bad Girl In Harlem", first up is "Harlem":



"Harlem" (Live):



Another one of my favorite songs on "A Bad Girl In Harlem" is "Goodbye Copenhagen". Here's the acoustic version with a brief interview with New Politics before:



Another song I like on that CD is "Just Like Me":



I don't know who the second act will be, but I hope it's Fall Out Boy. Honestly I wasn't even a fan of them until they released "Save Rock and Roll". This CD features this Falls most overplayed sports stadium anthem : "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)" (This is one of the best songs of the last several years.) :



The full album for Fall Out Boy's "Save Rock and Roll":



Another one of my favorite songs on "Save Rock and Roll", "The Phoenix":



I'm not enthralled with this Fall Out Boy concert from Phoenix. I believe this is from 2008, of course before "Save Rock and Roll" was released.



This is Fall Out Boy from 2013 at the Reading Festival (sorry not the best sound):



Also from 2013 this is Fall Out Boy live in Chicago. This is their concert that has the best sound that I found on Youtube:



I hope Paramore is the closer, I've been a fan of theirs since "Riot" broke out. That's an amazing CD and still probably their best CD. Here are a couple of my favorite songs from "Riot!", quite likely they are a couple of your favorite songs from the CD too.

First up "CrushCrushCrush":



This song rocked my iPod this morning, "Born For This":



And there's no business like "Misery Business":



Here's "Riot" in it's entirety:



I'm guessing Paramore's set would be similar to their 2013 iTunes Festival set:



Here's another Paramore concert, live in Paris 2013:



How could that not be a great night of music, it might even make me forget the ridiculous convenience fee.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites