Thursday, July 31, 2014

themusicaddict's Random Collection of Some of the Greatest Standards of All-Time (Updated August 3rd, 2014)

Hello,

I thought I'd mix it up a bit today, going with a collection of some of the all-time great standards.

I can't believe I forgot the amazing "Mack The Knife":



A title sequence for "Quiz Show"- how to effectively pull one into a movie:


Obviously this blog will be Frank Sinatra heavy. Starting with the songs of the great Frank Sinatra first:

"New York, New York":


"Luck Be A Lady":


"Fly Me To The Moon":


"I've Got You Under My Skin":


"I Get A Kick Out of You":



"My Way":



"Tender Trap":


Linda Ronstadt's languid take on "Someone To Watch Over Me":


Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World":


Sinead O'Connor's "Success Had Made A Failure Of Our Home":


Rita Hayworth "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered":


I wasn't going with the Jessica Rabbit version on this song, how about Miss Peggy Lee?:



Harry Belafonte's "Scarlett Ribbons":


I don't know that I consider this a standard, but it's still a great older song. Madonna's "Don't Cry For Me Argentina":


Marilyn Monroe's "I Wanna Be Loved By You":


Betty Boop's Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis free "I Want To Be Loved By You":


Ella Fitzgerald's "All of Me":



Tony Bennett's "I Left My Heart In San Francisco":


Nat King Cole's "Stardust":


Elvis Presley's "It's Impossible":


The Brian Setzer Orchestra "Jump Jive and Wail":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites