Tuesday, July 15, 2014

themusicaddict's Selected Greatest Hits of Pink Floyd, Not Including Songs From "The Wall" (Finished July 16th, 2014)

Hello,

Several of the blogs I've written in the last few days have been about Pink Floyd's amazing CD "The Wall". Obviously Pink Floyd has many more great songs other than the songs on "The Wall". They also have a new CD coming out this year in October. Although "The Endless River" sounds more like a David Gilmour/ Polly Samson duo project more than any thing else.

I'm still working on multiple "The Wall" blogs, they probably won't be finished for awhile.

Besides "The Wall", Pink Floyd also released "The Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Division Bell". I listened to "The Division Bell" again the other day and it's a lot better than I remember. What I mostly have been listening to lately is Roger Waters "The Wall: Live in Berlin". I highly recommend that you pick up this CD even if you already have "The Wall".

I know a lot of people really enjoy Syd Barrett's contributions to Pink Floyd, but I've never been a fan of those songs. But I have included "Bike".

"Money" ("Dark Side of the Moon") Part of this song is actually quoted in "The Wall" movie, but the song itself isn't in the movie.



"Us and Them" ("Dark Side of the Moon") :



"Breathe" ("Dark Side of the Moon"):


From "Dark Side of the Moon" here's "Speak To Me/Breathe/On The Run/Time":


"Learning To Fly" ("A Momentary Lapse of Reason") I love these lyrics in this song:

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction is holding me fast,
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I


(Thanks to azlyrics.com)




"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" ("Wish You Were Here") (The full 26 minute version, parts 1-9):



"Shine on You Crazy Diamond" ("Short" Version) The song is about Syd Barrett and this is a tribute to him:


"Wish You Were Here" ("Wish You Were Here") (Lyric Version):



"Bike" ("The Piper At The Gates of The Dawn"):


"What Do You Want From Me?" ("The Division Bell") :



"Sorrow" ("A Momentary Lapse of Reason"):


"Sheep" ("Animals"):


This isn't really a Pink Floyd song, it's a Rogers Waters solo composition. I'm adding it here because this is the last song that was performed at his "The Wall: Live in Berlin" concert:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites