Monday, September 28, 2015

Songs on themusicaddict's Radar, Part 6 (September 28th, 2015)

Hello,

This is part 6 of the songs on my radar. Tonight I'll be going and seeing Def Leppard/Styx and Tesla live in concert at the USANA Amphitheatre (which is a terrible place to see a concert for so many reasons). But Def Leppard puts on a great show and the company will be amazing, so I still expect a great night. I will hopefully publishing my review tomorrow.

1) Sugarcult's "Dead Living":

These lyrics are so applicable to where I am in my life now:

"I can't take it
It's just a paycheck
Making arrangements to burn it to the ground
I can't fake it
When nothing's sacred
Making arrangements to burn it to the ground."


2) Def Leppard's new song "Let's Go". Believe it or not they have a new CD coming out on October 30th. Def Leppard spent a lot of time coming up with the name of their new CD, it will be known as "Def Leppard". I would say the hard work was worth it. I know Def Leppard's setlist will be mostly oldies, but throwing this song in the setlist would be amazing.



3) Flux Pavillion's "We Are Creators":



Three songs from Tesla's excellent 2004 CD "Into The Now"- it seems Tesla won't be singing any songs from this CD tonight.

4) "Into The Now":



5) "What A Shame":



6) "Heaven Nine Eleven":



 And I really hope Tesla plays this song tonight: 7) "Edison's Medicine (Man Out Of Time)":



8) From the "Hamilton" Broadway Show "My Shot":



9) Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" (from "The Dance" live CD):



This is an inspired version of the classic Tears For Fears classic. 10) Disturbed's "Shout":



This song played on my iPod the other day and I realize I don't have enough of her music on my blog. She after all is the Queen of Soul. So what better than to play the #1 song when I was born. 
11) Aretha Franklin's "Respect":


"She don't remember the Queen of Soul". 12) Steely Dan's "Hey Nineteen":



A band I've seen twice, but only as a supporting act. I would love to see them as a headliner. Still confused why they opened for Fall Out Boy. 13) Paramore's "Misery Business":



The "Star Wars" section of this blog.
This band was named after Mos Eisley, the city that Obi Wan-Kenobi said of "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
 14) Thankfully the band Eisley is much sweeter, this is a threefer of this band that just doesn't get enough love "Telescope Eyes":


15) "Marvelous Things":



16) "Plenty of Paper":



Watching "Star Wars" with my son the other day. The rebels were closing in on the original Death Star and they were each stating their call signs. Luke Skywalker was Red Five, which made me think of the band Red Five. I listened to about half of their "Anthology 1993-1999" on Rdio last night. They have a lot of good songs, another song that I'm not sure why they didn't break out bigger. Anyway this is one of their best songs, it plays a lot on my iPod. 14) "Your Creation":



"Rebel Heart" is Madonna's latest CD. It's not as good as her 80's CDs, but it still has plenty of great songs on it (and also some real clunkers):

17)  "Joan of Arc":



18) "Heartbreak City": (Explicit language unfortunately)



19) "Rebel Heart":



And so Styx won't feel left out: 20) "Foolin' Yourself" (Angry Young Man):


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites