Tuesday, September 13, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands # 56 Bananarama: Their Surprisingly Few Good Songs #14- #1 (Finished September 19th, 2016)

Hello,

When I write up a blog for the next band in my 80's countdown blog series, I usually listen to all of a bands CDs from the 70's, 80's and early 90's. I write down each song and rank them as I listen to those CDs. Then I go back and rank all the songs I deemed good enough. According to that process with Bananarama they are a bit too high on my rankings. They have at least 3 great songs, but they have surprisingly few good songs. I put 14 songs on this list, but honestly that's a bit generous.

The bikini tops are embarrassingly tacky. 14) "Preacher Man":


13) "True Confessions":


12) "A Trick of The Night":


11) "He Was Really Sayin' Something":


10) "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye":


9) "Long Train Running":


8) "Love In The First Degree":


7) "Nathan Jones":


6) "Robert Deniro's Waiting":



5) "Shy Boy":



4) "I Can't Help It":



"I Can't Help It" (12" Inch Mix):



Now here's the three songs everyone thinks of when they think of Bananarama. 3) "I Heard A Rumor":



2) "Cruel Summer":



1) "Venus":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites