Tuesday, September 20, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands # 54 Cyndi Lauper: Her 19 Best 80's Era Songs + 1 Part 1 (Finished September 25th, 2016)

Hello,

I started this blog on the night that I went and saw Miss Cyndi Lauper in concert. I didn't do this purposefully, that's just what happened. After reading what her setlist is though, I'm not as excited about the concert as I would have been a greatest hits tour. She's currently supporting her latest CD "Detour", which is versions of some classic songs she likes. "Detour" is okay, but I'm disappointed that she's only singing 6 or 7 of her classics. There will be a review coming of her concert. I do like this song from her new CD, it's called "Funnel of Love":


Anyway Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper was born June 22nd, 1953, which makes her 63. She's still looking incredible. She won the Grammy for Best New Artist in 1985. She beat out Corey Hart, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Shiela E. and The Judds. None of the non-winning nominees made my Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands. In fact for the most part being nominated for best new artist in the 80's was pretty much a death knell.

She has released 11 CDs from 1983's classic "She's So Unusual" to 2016's "Detour". She also was a writer of the music for the great Broadway play, "Kinky Boots". That's one of the best Broadway plays of the last several years, along with "Hamilton" and others. Miss Lauper has sold an estimated 50 million CDs. I have 59 of her songs on my iTunes- that is if you include "Kinky Boots". 

19) "The 'Goonies' Are Good Enough":


18) "Iko Iko":


17) "Like A Cat":


16) "One Track Mind":


15) "Hole In My Heart":



14) "My First Night Without You":



13) "Heading West":



12) "Insecurious":



11) "All Through The Night":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites