Monday, September 7, 2020

(Finished September 7th, 2020) The Glory Days of MTV 1981-1985, Part 7: Songs 121-140

Hello,

Imagine if you will a hot summer, back when time moved slowly, no driver's license and not much to do. Imagine if there's a really new innovation called cable TV, but honestly there's not that much to watch. Let's fast forward to August 1st, 1981 when MTV first started. Now imagine that you don't have access to MTV but you hear a lot about how cool it is. Sure there are a couple of other places to watch videos, but they're not 24 hours. Finally a year or two later there you are on that hot summer day watching video after video on MTV and absolutely love it. Although these blogs are focusing on 1981-1985, I will include videos from before if they were also memorable. Now almost 40 years later on this hot summer day imagine this is that long ago hot summer day and enjoy....

Sometimes I'm not sure what the original video or I can't find the original video, but I did my best.

A&E is starting a series on Tuesday called "I Want My MTV", here's a trailer.



To tie in with that I am continuing my series of the the glory days of MTV 1981-1985. I have enough songs for at least 14 of these blogs and there are dozens of songs that I haven't found yet. I'm in process of finding at least most of those songs.

121) Wham! "Freedom":



122) Styx "Too Much Time On My Hands":



123) Santana "Winning":



124) Irene Cara "Breakdance":



125) Mike Reno and Ann Wilson "Almost Paradise":



126) Elton John "Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues":



Stone cold classic. 127) Duran Duran "Hungry Like The Wolf":



128) Cyndi Lauper "She Bop":



Stone cold classic. 129) David Bowie "Let's Dance":



Stone cold classic. 130) The Clash "Rock The Casbah":



131) Styx "Mr. Roboto":



132) Billy Joel "Allentown":



Stone cold classic. 133) David Bowie "China Girl":



134) Jackson Browne "Lawyers In Love":



135) Joe Jackson "Steppin' Out":



Okay there's no official video for this song, but it's just too good to pass up.
136) Dan Fogelberg "Same Old Lang Syne":



Stone cold classic and THAT HAIR!! 137) A Flock of Seagulls "I Ran (So Far Away)":



 I barely remember this video. 138) Loverboy "Hot Girls In Love":



139) Men At Work "It's A Mistake":



140) Quiet Riot "Cum On Feel The Noize":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites