Monday, September 28, 2020

(Finished October 3rd, 2020) The Best, Most Interesting and Oddball First Songs Over The Years, Part 1

 Hello,

Rolling Stone recently released their Top 100 debut singles of all-time. I worked through their list and have included some of those songs here- several of those I would have come to eventually. But then I got inspired by Rolling Stone's list https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/greatest-debut-songs-singles-990470/ and started adding songs of my own. I may be incorrect on some of these songs, but these are the songs from my research which seem to be a band's debut song/single. Also I'm not guaranteeing all of these are great songs.

1) Zombies "She's Not There":

2) Alabama Shakes "Hold On":

3) Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing":


4) The Weather Girls "It's Raining Men":

Highly likely this is the first time I added this song to my blog. 5) PIL "Public Image":

6) Metallica "Whiplash":

7) Lorde "Royals":

8) Bruce Hornsby and The Range "The Way It Is":

9) Bonnie Tyler "Lost In France":

10) Meat Loaf "Hot Summer Night":

From the band that brought you "Oh Sheila" and "Love You Down" comes this slow jam. 11) Ready For The World "Tonight":

12) Dead or Alive "Misty Circles":

13) Paula Abdul "Knocked Out":

14) The Cutting Crew "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight":

15) Gerry and the Pacemakers "How Do You Do It":


They improved so much after this song. 16) The Thompson Twins "Squares and Triangles":


17) B.B. King "Miss Martha King":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites