Tuesday, September 29, 2020

(Finished September 29th, 2020) The Best, Most Interesting and Oddball First Songs Over The Years, Part 2

Hello,

Rolling Stone recently released their Top 100 debut singles of all-time. I worked through their list and have included some of those songs here- several of those I would have come to eventually. But then I got inspired by Rolling Stone's list https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/greatest-debut-songs-singles-990470/ and started adding songs of my own. I may be incorrect on some of these songs, but these are the songs from my research which seem to be a band's debut song/single. Also I'm not guaranteeing all of these are great songs.

18) Winger "Madalaine":

Not "Surfin' USA", "Surfer Girl" or "Surfin' Safari" but just "Surfin". 19) The Beach Boys "Surfin":

20) Seether "Fire Again":

21) Warrant "Down Boys":

22) Elastica "Stutter":

One thing I really like about this blog is that it really makes me stretch beyond the same few hundred songs that I usually post. I only know these guys because of "Feed The Tree" and had never heard this song before tonight. 23) Belly "Gepetto":

Bonus video: "Feed The Tree":

24) Veruca Salt "Seether":

25) Black Stone Cherry "Lonely Train":

26) Ed Sheeran "The A Team":

27) C+C Music Factory "Gonna Make You Sweat":

28) Aldo Nova "Fantasy":

29) "Jukebox The Ghost" Everybody's Lonely":

30) Christina Aguilera "Genie In A Bottle":

31) Walk The Moon "Anna Sun":

32) Sixx A.M. "Life is Beautiful":

33) Air Supply "Love and Other Bruises":

34) Genesis "Silent Sun":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites