Tuesday, October 6, 2020

(Started October 6th, 2020) Goodbye Eddie Van Halen

 Hello,

Goodbye Eddie Van Halen, thanks for 65 years of memories!! I know you will see a lot of similar blogs to this one. No doubt that Eddie Van Halen was one of the greatest guitarists of all-time and he did a lot of good work with Van Halen. However since many other people will be highlighting his work with Van Halen I'm going to focus on his music outside of Van Halen. But of course I'll include a few classic Van Halen songs to this blog.

R.I.P. Legend. I have to admit this one hurts.

1) Eddie Van Halen's solo "Eruption":


2) Eddie Van Halen's five best solos according to this Youtuber.


Eddie and Alex Van Halen recorded the following three songs below with Gene Simmons and they were included on 2017's "Vault".
3) "Christine Sixteen":


If I include the demo of this song, I need to include the more refined version of "Christine Sixteen":


4) "Tunnel of Love":


5) "Got Love For Sale":


6) Nicolette Larson "Can't Get Away From You":


One of the greatest songs of all-time and that amazing solo!! 7) Michael Jackson "Beat It":


8) From Brian May's Star Fleet Project comes this song "Blues Breaker":


Featuring Eddie and Dave in a cameo. 9) Frank Sinatra's "L.A. Is My Lady":


From the movie "The Wild Life"- yeah I don't remember it either. 10) "Donut City":


With Sammy Hagar on his solo CD "I Never Said Goodbye": 11) "When The Hammer Falls":


12) "Eagles Fly":


13) "Give To Live":
With Black Sabbath 14) "Evil Eye":


15) "Respect The Wind":


With Roger Waters 16) "Lost Boys Calling":
17) "Joy To The World":
18) "Rise":
19) "Catherine":

The next two songs are with LL Cool J 20) "Not Leaving You Tonight":
21) "We're The Greatest":

But I just can't ignore all those other great Van Halen songs, here are some of my favorites:

22) "Panama":


I once did a blog about all the songs that were mentioned or alluded to in this song.
23) "You and Your Blues":


24) "Hot For Teacher":


25) "And The Cradle Will Rock":


26) "Why Can't This Be Love":


27) "Black and Blue":


28) "Finish What You Started":
29) "Me Wise Magic":
30) "Dreams":


31) "Summer Nights":


thesaddenedmusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites