Saturday, October 3, 2020

(Finished October 3rd, 2020) The Best, Most Interesting and Oddball First Songs Over The Years, Part 3

Hello,

Rolling Stone recently released their Top 100 debut singles of all-time. I worked through their list and have included some of those songs here- several of those I would have come to eventually. But then I got inspired by Rolling Stone's list https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/greatest-debut-songs-singles-990470/ and started adding songs of my own. I may be incorrect on some of these songs, but these are the songs from my research which seem to be a band's debut song/single. Also I'm not guaranteeing all of these are great songs.

35) Earth, Wind and Fire "Fan The Fire":

36) Kool & The Gang "Kool & The Gang":

37) A Flock of Seagulls "Telecommunication":

38) Debbie Harry "Backfired":

39) John Mellencamp "I Need A Lover":

40) Living Colour "Middle Man":

41) Bobby Brown "Girlfriend":

The good old split single. 42) Muddy Waters "I Be's Trouble":

"Country Blues":

43) The Go-Go's "We Got The Beat":

This is a group called Orchard Enterprises and the only version I could find of this song.

44) Don Henley "Johnny Can't Read":


45) Quarterflash "Harden My Heart":


46) Fergie "London Bridge (Oh Snap)":


47) Tesla "Modern Day Cowboy":


"Jagged Little Pill" was when she broke big, but that wasn't her first recordings. It feels a bit like an Alanis song with a pop twist. 48) Alanis Morissette "Too Hot":


49) Morrissey "Suedehead":


50) Stone Temple Pilots "Sex Type Thing":


51) CSS "Let's Make Love and Listen To Death From Above":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites