Friday, February 26, 2021

(Finished February 27th, 2021) Part 3 of Exploring New Wave Obscurities Together, Songs 35-51

Hello,

I couldn't decide to focus on Greatest Duets of all-time or exploring new wave music. I've decided to go with New Wave music that I'm not familiar with (and maybe a few favorites). These are songs I'm not familiar with at least from the title. Let's see how this works out. For the foundation of these blogs I'm using songs from the "Just Can't Get Enough" 15 CD compilation of new wave classics.

A few of these songs are pretty good, a few are okay but many are just terrible. I can see why based on these songs that many of these bands didn't make much of an impact. 

35) XTC "Generals and Majors":

36) The Kings "Switchin' To Glide":

37) The Boomtown Rats "Up All Night":

Completely cheating here. This song isn't obscure to me, but I'm sure it's obscure to a lot of people. 38) The Greg Kihn Band "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)":

39) The Motors "Love and Loneliness":

40) Magazine "About The Weather":

This is one of the better New Wave obscurities. 41) Phil Seymour "Precious To Me":

42) Translator "Everywhere That I'm Not":

43) Altered Images "I Could Be Happy":

44) The Members "Working Girl":

45) The Monroes "What Do All The People Know":

46) The Undertones "It's Going To Happen":

Of course I know the classic David Bowie version of this song, but I was unaware that Bauhaus also sings a version. 47) Bauhaus "Ziggy Stardust":

The next several songs are from Volume 5 and I'm familiar with a lot more of these songs. However I'm not familiar with all of them. 48) Great Buildings "Hold On To Something":

49) Soft Cell "Sex Dwarf":

50) Gang of Four "I Love A Man In Uniform":

51) Japan "The Art of Parties":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites