Thursday, February 25, 2021

(Finished February 25th, 2021) Part 2 of Exploring New Wave Obscurities Together, Songs 18-34

Hello,

I couldn't decide to focus on Greatest Duets of all-time or exploring new wave music. I've decided to go with New Wave music that I'm not familiar with (and maybe a few favorites). These are songs I'm not familiar with at least from the title. Let's see how this works out. For the foundation of these blogs I'm using songs from the "Just Can't Get Enough" 15 CD compilation of new wave classics.

A few of these songs are pretty good, a few are okay but many are just terrible. I can see why based on these songs that many of these bands didn't make much of an impact. 

18) The Motels "Danger":

19) Martha and the Muffins "Echo Beach":


20) Fischer Z "So Long":


21) Klark Kent "Away From Home":

I love XTC and I was sure I had heard this song before, however I wasn't familiar with it by title alone. However I don't think I've actually heard this song. 22) XTC "Making Plans For Nigel":

23) Rockpile "Teacher Teacher":

24) Robert Palmer "Looking For Clues":

25) The Humans "I Live In The City":

Possibly the worst band name ever on so many levels. 26) Pearl Harbor and the Explosions "Drivin'":

27) The Nails "88 Lines About 44 Women":

28) Lene Lovich "New Toy":

29) Visage "Fade To Grey":

30) Kid Creole and The Coconuts "Stool Pigeon":

Now this is a great song. 31) The Selector "Too Much Pressure":

Let's try another song from The Selector. This is a very catchy song although not as good as the above song. 32) The Selector "Murder":

33) Gleaming Spires "Are You Ready For The Sex Girls?":

34) Devo "Freedom of Choice":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites