Tuesday, June 6, 2023

(Finished June 6th, 2023) Part 3 of Apple's Top 200 Most Streamed 80s Songs 160-141

Hello,

Holy hell I'm in an 80s mood. After seeing David Bowie and Depeche Mode tribute bands and the actual Love and Rockets I've heard a lot of great 80s music live this year. Later this year I'll be seeing the Lost 80s tour which feature bands such as Wang Chung, General Public, Naked Eyes and others. And tonight I'll be seeing Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers and Chic and Bastille. With all that going on I'll be doing an 80s blog, but I desperately wanted to do something different than I've done before.  Thus I Googled for the best selling 80s songs of all-time. 

I normally would go to Billboard for this kind of thing, however I didn't want to pay for access for that. I continued Googling and came across a list of the most streamed songs on Apple Music. For some reason there are only 199 songs on their Top 200, that gives me the option to provide my own song at #200. There are some very unusual songs on this list, including songs I've never heard of. But that's why I wanted a list like that to force me to include songs that I don't usually share. 

I'm considering coming up with a second set of blogs about songs that I can't believe aren't on this list.

160) Europe "The Final Countdown":

159) Bon Jovi "Wanted Dead or Alive":

158) Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me":

157) Queen A Kind of Magic":

156) The Clash "Rock The Casbah":

155) The Smiths "How Soon Is Now":

154) Nirvana "About A Girl":

153) U2 "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For":

152) The Bangles "Eternal Flame":

151) Chaka Khan "I Feel For You":

One of the saddest lines in pop music "It must have been love but it's over now." 150) Roxette "It Must Have Been Love":

149) Tracy Chapman "Baby Can I Hold You":

148) INXS "Need You Tonight" including "Mediate":

147) Matthew Wilder "Break My Stride":

Yaz or Yazoo, it depends what side of the pond you're on. 146) Yaz "Only You":

I saw these guys in concert just a few days ago and they were fantastic. 145) Duran Duran "Rio":

144) James "Sit Down":

143) Whitney Houston "Saving All of My Love For You":

142) Belinda Carlisle "Heaven Is A Place On Earth":

141) Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band "Born In The U.S.A":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites