Friday, July 19, 2024

(Finished July 19th, 2024) Part 2 of The Greatest Hits of Broadway

Hello,

On March 1st, 2024 my rock concert girlfriend and I will be going to see "Les Miserables" here in the Eccles Theatre in Salt Lake City. This will be the seventh or eighth time I've seen this amazing musical. It quite likely is my favorite Broadway play ever.

These next eight videos are from "Rent". 18) "La Vie Boheme":

19a) Renee Elise Goldsberry "Out Tonight":

19b) Rosario Dawson "Out Tonight":

20) "Life Support":

21) "Today 4 U":

Bonus: I love this song so much I'm including it twice, it's first appearance is on blog 1 in this series. 22b) "Light My Candle":


This is three times. From the Broadway play "22c) Light My Candle":

"I Should Tell You":

These next seven songs are from "Hamilton": 22) "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)":

Such an incredibly beautiful song. 23) Kelly Clarkson "It's Quiet Uptown":

24) "I Know Him":

25) "Wait For It":

26) "The Schuyler Sisters":

27) "Alexander Hamilton":

28) "Say No To This":

From "Cats" 29) Elaine Paige "Memory":

I just barely realized "Illinoise: A New Musical" is now a Broadway play. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who appreciates this great work by Sufjan Stevens. "Come On! Feel The Illinoise":

30) "Jacksonville":

31) "The Man of Metropolis":

32) "Chicago":

33a) "Casimir Pulaski Day":

No one can sing this song better than Sufjan. 33b) Sufjan Stevens "Casimir Pulaski Day":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites