Monday, July 22, 2024

(Finished July 22, 2024) Part 3 of The Greatest Hits of Broadway

Hello,

On March 1st, 2024 my rock concert girlfriend and I will be going to see "Les Miserables" here in the Eccles Theatre in Salt Lake City. This will be the seventh or eighth time I've seen this amazing musical. It quite likely is my favorite Broadway play ever.

Most of the "Phantom" songs are on part 1. From "Phantom of the Opera" 34) Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler. "All I Ask of You":

From "Chess" 35) Murray Head "One Night In Bangkok":

36) Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson  "I Know Him So Well":

These next four songs are from "Dreamgirls" 37) Jennifer Hudson "And I Tell You I'm Not Going":

I never paid much attention to Beyonce until I heard her sing this song so powerfully. 38) Beyonce "Listen":

39) Jennifer Hudson "Love You I Do":

40) Jennifer Hudson "One Night Only":

41) Several singers from the "Dreamgirls" cast. "Steppin' To The Bad Side":

These next five songs are from "Jersey Boys": 42) "Rag Doll":

43) "Walk Like A Man":

44) "Big Girls Don't Cry":

45) "Sherry":

46a) December 1963 (Oh What A Night)":

46b) Frankie Valli "December, 1963 (Oh What A Night)":

From "Moulin Rouge": 47) "Chandelier":

48) "Welcome To The Moulin Rouge":

47) "Truth Beauty Freedom Love":

48) Natalie Mendoza and cast "The Sparkling Diamond":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites