Saturday, July 13, 2024

(Started July 13th, 2024) Part 3 of Songs On My Mind

Hello,

Hopefully I will be getting my computer back soon. I will do the best I can do on my iPhone.

1) The first time I liked the song “Living For The City” is on Slash’s “Orgy of the Damned”. Tara That’s nothing against the great Stevie Wonder, one of the true sic legends of music.

2) Frank Sinatra “Fly Me To The Moon”. It’s now a movie, but it’s also a great song.

3) One of the great 80s ballads, Toto’s “I Won’t Hold You Back.

4) this is one of those songs that just randomly came to mind. Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Aeroplane”. The song is a slice of mid-90s funk, one of the catchiest ear worms ever.

5) Ozzy Osborne’s late career butt kicking song “Patient No 9”.

6) Rodriguez “Sugar Man”. Quite simply an ode to illegal drugs and the perceived benefits they bring. His music was big in South Africa, which was something he was unaware of. It seems many people had assumed he was dead. he recorded two albums in the early 70s. He didn’t find out about his own popularity until 1997. He then had a late life comeback as shown in directors’ documentary “Searching For Sugar Man”.

7) Sinead O’ Connor’s “The Emperor’s New Clothes”. A song that perfectly describes your average gullible Trump supporter. When are they going to realize rhe emperor has no clothes?

Sorry I try to keep politics out of my blog, but at some point you just need to open your eyes folks.

themudicaddict

No comments:

Favorites