Wednesday, July 10, 2024

(Finished July 10th, 2024) Part 2 of Songs On My Mind

Hello,

More songs on my mind until I can get my Mac back.

From Tracey Garvis Graves’ novel “heard it in a love song”: Songs on my mind from that book include  Alanis morrissete’s “Ironic”, Eric Clapton’s “Layla” and of course “Heard It In A Love Song”. That song is by The Marshall Tucker Band.

Other songs on my mind, two great songs on my iPod that played back to back. First up Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford’s “Phantom of the Opera”. That led right into another great duet. That would be Shakey Graves and Esme Peterson. Both were so good paired together I had to listen a second time.

Not that I’ve seen it, but I hear the Tears For Fears classic “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” makes a featured appearance.

Other songs on my mind include Pat Benatar’s “Heartbreaker”, Trombone Shorty’s “Lie To Me” and Fergie’s  “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got). That last song is about as close to an instant classic as possible. 

Other great songs on “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack include Jack White’s “Love Is Blindness”, Emeli Sande’s “Crazy In Love”, the super talented Lana Del Rey’s “Young and Beautiful” and Amy Winehouse’s “Back To Black”.

themusicaddict



No comments:

Favorites