Friday, May 30, 2008

Hello,

Just a quick blog today, I do not have a lot of time. I am working on Sunday's blog, which will be a lot longer. I will be reviewing the new Counting Crows CD, "Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings". I will also be reviewing the "AI" 8th place contestants and what, if anything, they have done. Also songs that are rocking my iPod, including the Carpenters. (Yes those Carpenters!) Also I will be reviewing who was going to rocking 2006 according to Rolling Stone. I am also going to start a feature reviewing classic CD's. (If you are wondering what I mean by classic CD's, it means CD's by Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Guns 'N' Roses and the Dixie Chicks.) If you have any suggestions, please e-mail me or leave comments. When I receive comments, I automatically get an e-mail with the contents of the comment in it.

Here's the commitment I will make to you my faithful reader(s). Here's some background first: I read an article about Perez Hilton. If you dont know already he is a blogger as well. I won't say he is a blogger like myself. Two big differences he gets about 7 million page views a day and his blog is mean spirited. While I would welcome the page views I am not going to be mean spirited to get those. I am not going to be mean spirited for any reason. (Although I know some David Archuletta fans probably won't agree with that.) I am going to highlight all the good things in the entertainment industry, especially music. I will only call out people when I need to, that includes myself.

Also according to ew.com singer Shirley Manson is going to be joining the cast of "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". If you don't know who she is, she is the singer for the excellent band Garbage. Their music is great and they are also a great live band.

Today is the day that goombah.com highlights 15 free songs on their website. I downloaded about 6 or 7 songs today. One song I reccomend that you get is "On The Beat"- Electrocute. There are also a few other good songs you can get. Again these are all free and also they aren't illegal downloads. Also amazon.com and iTunes have free MP3's available every Tuesday. Some of those songs are quite good.

One final note: With "American Idol" being over, all the songs the contestants have sung can now have their songs listed based on sales on the Billboard charts. So the first week these songs are eligible David Cook has 11 songs debut in the Top 100. That includes the #3 song "The Time of My Life". It would probably be #1 if it was actually a good song. David Cook's debut CD is available in the fall. David Archuleta has 3 songs land on the Billboard Top 100. His highest ranked song is his version of John Lennon's "Imagine" at #36. Also if you are a complete music geek, like myself, check out their cool website billboard.com. It is one of the about 7-10 websites I look at each day. Have a great weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites