Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May

Happy May,

Enjoy your economic stimulus money coming this month, maybe you can buy some new music this month. I have some musicaddict approved tunes as well. Later I will get to those, as you realize I did not blog yesterday. That is because I am back in the workforce and my time has been reduced considerably. So I still have not seen the results episode of this week's "AI", although I do know that Brooke White was elimated. Obviously I am not a pyschic as I predicted that wrong. The ironic thing is that Brooke's "I Am...I Said" was one of the best performances of this whole season. She does that song so well. That song and David Cook's "I'm Alive" are the downloads to buy if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

About a month or so ago Classic Rock published an article about the making of "Chinese Democracy" and how close it was to release back in 2001/2002. It is a very interesting article, I would highly suggest you read it if you have any interest in Guns 'N' Roses. It is also good insight into the music industry as a whole.

Now on to that new music I promised to tell you about. Two bands, one old and one new at least to me. The new band is called The Detroit Cobras. Yes I know I looked at amazon.com and they have released several CD's. However they are new to me, I have only recently joined their garage rock stylings fanbase. One song in particular that is burning up my iPod is their song "Hot Dog". What a great, fun, sexy, rocking song. The old band is the Scorpions. They have a relatively new CD out, just last year. The name of the CD is "Humanity Hour 1". Okay a very lame title, a little new agey for me but the CD rocks. Seriously this is some of their best music ever made, not quite up to "Rock Me Like A Hurricane" but close. It is good to have one of the great 80's heavy metal bands back at full stride.

Well tonight I am going to try and watch the "AI" results show from this week. My next blog entry will be about that. I also downloaded that new Coldplay song, my review is going to be a lot different than I thought it would be.

till we talk again, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites