Monday, May 19, 2008

"Guitar Hero", "AI" Analysis

Hello,

My son received "Guitar Hero 3" yesterday for his birthday. So he installed it and we all took turns playing it. I kind of get the hype now, it is fun to play. I was reminded of my complete lack of talent on guitar. But it is still fun to live out my rock star fantasies a little. I played "Barracuda" as well as I could. Also by playing this game, I received a different insight into these songs. So that is kind of cool as well.

A couple of quick "AI" notes. I reviewed the AI contestants the top 12 over all 7 seasons. After breaking this down, I was surprised how few of these contestants have gone on to do something meaningful. I also am stretching meaningful out to include quite a few things. Starting with #12 I am going to break down who has been the most successful contestant to finish at that posistion. In season one, there are only the final 10 listed. So here are your 12th place contestants and their level of success, this is in no particular order. Season 2: Vanessa Olivarez: I have never heard of her. Season 3: Leah Labelle: I have never heard of her. Season 4: Lindsey Cardinale: I have never heard of her. Season 5: Melissa McGhee: I have never heard of her. Season 6: Brandon Rogers: I only really started watching "AI" show last season. I vaguely remember him and what I remember is that he is lame. Season 7: David Hernandez: I really like him, I think he has a really cool voice. I think he would have gone a lot further if those gay stripping rumors hadn't come out. He is one of my top 6 favorite singers from this season. (David Cook, Syesha Mercado, Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook and Amanda Overmyer are the others.) I even bought his "It's All Coming Back To Me Now", his rendition is very good. If he gets in with the right people, I think he could have a good career. Next blog a relatively uninspiring eleventh place contestants.

Also after hearing how Jordin Sparks is facing all sorts of throat problems, possibly brought on needing to over promote "AI" once the season is over, I am now hoping TCWNCBM wins the whole thing. (Rumors are that Sparks may never sing again, I really hope those rumors are false.) He seems like a nice kid, but he is not a performer. So if "AI" has to burn out someone, let them burn out the very boring and uninspiring TCWNCBM. I really think David Cook could be one of the Top Ten best selling contestants. (That is not really saying much.)
until next time, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites