Monday, June 8, 2009

All-American Rejects, Chickenfoot

Hello,

Here's the promised blog entry, I apologize in advance as it's going to be short. I've been listening to the All American Rejects "When The World Comes Down" CD lately. I bought it mainly because I have some money now and I have heard a lot of good things about this CD. It's as good as I've heard. I really love the song "Gives You Hell", that is an incredibly catchy song.

With amazon.com selling the new Chickenfoot CD for only $4 I bought that too. It's alright, it sounds a lot like Sammy Hagar and Van Hagar. Yes, Sammy Hagar is the lead singer but still it could be less derivative.

I also watched "Yes Man" starring Jim Carrey tonight. It also stars Zooey Deschanel, who is in the real life band She and Him. In the movie she's in the band Munchasen By Proxy, they are a very interesting band. She also was in "Bridge To Terabithia" in which she plays a singing, guitar playing teacher. She has floated the idea she might quit acting to chase after her music career. I think she would be successful either way. The Him is M. Ward, you may have heard of him before. The movie is pretty good and has a lot of funny parts. I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan but I thought he did a good job in this movie.

I liked how they worked the Third Eye Blind song "Jumper" into the movie. That's a great song from a great CD, the self-titled "Third Eye Blind". That was one of the best CDs released in 1997. That CD also features the extremely catchy "Semi-Charmed Life". Whatever happened to them, I was actually rocking out to that CD a few weeks ago. It's a great CD, I'm actually going to do some research on them to figure out where they went.

The CD currently playing in my car is Sugarland's "Love On The Inside". That is a great CD and if they aren't the best country band going now, I don't know who is. I love Jennifer Nettles voice. It helps her sing those sad songs so well. She was born to sing those sad country songs. Their best example of that is the excellent song "Stay".

That's it for now. I have to go to bed soon as I'm looking down the barrel of working 7 straight days. themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I agree that Jennifer Nettles has an amazing voice, but Jamey Johnson is currently the best country act.

Favorites