Friday, June 5, 2009

Hello,

Whitney Houston is releasing her new CD on September 1st. She made it with the help of some rappers, which I always hate. I hate that because the CD then seems to be more about the rappers to improve sales. When Whitney Houston makes a CD, the focus should be on her. She use to be one of the greatest singers of all-time and I'm hoping she still is. I'm doubtful if the 45 year old diva still has it. I hope she does, it would be great to have new Whitney Houston music playing on the radio. Please focus on her great vocals over anything else.

Sorry my blogs have been sparse lately, my schedule has been busy and it's going to be busier next week. At VZW my training group is shifting out of training to actually taking calls. That means our schedules are shifting, the result of that shifting is we are working 7 straight days. I have today and tomorrow off, we'll then work 7 straight days. As part of the training we were given Blackberry Curves to use so we'll be better at our job. We have to give those phones back Tuesday. Unfortunately even though I work for a cell phone company, I can't afford a cell phone. That means there won't be any more mobile blogs either.

I usually get my digital music from Apple iTunes. However I've had so many problems downloading music that I'm now buying my digital music from amazon.com. I bought the new Chickenfoot MP3 CD last night for only $4. That's a pretty sweet deal. In case you don't know Chickenfoot is the new Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Joe Satriani supergroup. I also bought the deluxe edition of the All-American Rejects "When The World Comes Down". That's a pretty darn good CD.

amazon.com also has a MP3 CD deal each day. Yesterday you could buy a James Taylor MP3 CD for 99 cents. Today you can buy a Vince Guaraldi MP3 CD. For those who don't know he's the one who composes music for the Charlie Brown TV shows. These deals are so good they only last one day. I also checked out upcoming CD's and it looks like the best week for new music this summer is July 14th. There will be excellent new CDs released that day. These CDs include Pearl Jam's "The Lowdown", Daughtry's "Leave This Town" and Jack White's new band, The Dead Weather. The Dead Weather's CD is "Horehound". For those who don't know Jack White has two other bands. His most famous band is the White Stripes. He also has released two CDs with the Raconteurs and this is his new band The Dead Weather. The Rolling Stones also issue a bunch of remasted classic CDs that day. Finally, "American Idol" Season Six winner Jordin Sparks is releasing "Battlefield". The first single is "Battlefield", that's a pretty cool song.

Other news: to celebrate my wife's birthday we watched "The Express" last night. (We don't have a lot of money so we have to keep our celebrations cheap.) It was a pretty good movie, but also very sad. Not only because Ernie Davis died at the age of 23 but also because of all of the stupid racial discrimination that was going at that time. It's hard to believe people can be so cruel to each other over such stupid reasons. I think slowly but surely America is overcoming that, although we still have a long ways to go.

Before working 7 straight days, I have a lot to do tomorrow. However I will still be writing a blog tomorrow. Although I can't guarantee it will be very long. I know I owe you a Green Day "21st Century Breakdown" review.

Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites