Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hello,

Carly Smithson is coming out of her post-Idol hibernation finally. She has teamed with 3 of the 4 original members of Evanescence, not including Amy Lee of course. They've joined together to form a new band called The Fallen. The Fallen will release a free song through their website tomorrow. Their website address is wearethefallen.com. I went to that site and it doesn't launch until Monday at 3:00pm EST. I'm excited about this as Smithson was one of my favorite contestants ever on "AI". I felt she wasn't given a fair chance during Season 7. I'm glad she's doing something rock because she sings so powerfully.

Other free music news sort of. On June 23rd, Tuesday, you can download the "Purple Rain" tribute soundtrack as sung by other performers. These performers include Of Montreal, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and Lavender Diamond. Spin has a preview of "When Doves Cry" as sung by The Twilight Singers that available right now. That's one of the greatest songs of all-time. The Twilight Singers version is also pretty cool. I'm going to download it on Tuesday. Of course to take advantage of this, you need to subscribe or buy a copy of the July 2009 issue of Spin magazine. There will be a review forthcoming.

With about 1.5 hours of driving to and from work everyday I have been working through all my CD's. After my love of Fergie's "The Dutchess" I was expecting more of the same from Gwen Stefani's "Love.Angel.Music.Baby." However I was extremely disappointed. There were a couple of good songs on it but unfortunately there is a lot of crap on it as well. Gwen please stay with No Doubt.

I also listened to the "Evita" soundtrack featuring Madonna. I love this double CD, it has so many great songs on it. Although after a rousing "And The Money Keeps Rolling In (And Out)" the rest of the CD is not very good. For the first 22 songs of this CD, it's a 5 star CD. Yesterday I listened to the Guns N' Roses classic "Appetite For Destruction". I don't know what it was but I was just not feeling that CD yesterday. Although I still love the back to back shotgun blasts of "Mr. Brownstone" and "Paradise City". I think I'm going to listen to Prince's "Purple Rain" today.

That's it for now. I just wanted to write a quick blog, I unfortnately don't have much time. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites