Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fergie Rules!

Hello,

Over the last couple of days while driving around I have been listening to Fergie's excellent CD, "The Dutchess" This is just a great CD. Although Fergie is the singer this really is a Black Eyed Peas CD as well. will.i.am is the producer on the CD. He also sings/ raps on some of the songs. He plays many of the instruments and even does some of the drum programming. Fergie, Stacey Ferguson, isn't just the face on the CD. Along with singing she helped co-write several of the songs. She co-wrote several of those songs with Will Adams, aka will.i.am.

I know this CD has been out for awhile, it was released September 19, 2006. Here's a song by song review anyway. This is definitely a CD you need to add to your collection. Fergie has such an amazing voice and she uses it to full advantage on this CD. I have added some of my favorite lyrics, they are in quotation marks.

1) "Fergalicious" The CD starts out with the hot slab of dance music "Fergalicious". This is a song featured in "17 Again". It's incredibly catchy and is fun to sing along with. One of the many upbeat, uplifting songs on the CD. "D to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S". That is just so much fun to sing along with.

2) "Clumsy" "She can't help it*The Girl Can't Help It". Another incredibly catchy song. How many current CDs start off with two great songs?

3) While this CD has great dance songs, Fergie slows it down a few times, including on the third song "All That I Got (The Make Up Song). This is a very tender love song. "Would u love me*If I didn't work out*Or I didn't change my natural hair*I could be the one you grow old with baby*I'll give you all I got."

4) "London Bridge" Another dance worthy track. "How come every time you come around My London, London Bridge want to go down?" So far four songs and all four songs are excellent. One of the few bad things about this CD is the lame skit attached on the end of this song. I fast forward through it everytime.

5) "The Pedestal" A mid-tempo track one just listens to and relaxes, another great song. "Who are you*and what do you do*to make you think you are above me. But have you walked in my shoes*The pedestal you put yourself on."

6) "Voodoo Doll" Another upbeat, dance song. This is the kind of song that makes one feel good. "This body's a temple of doom."

7) "Glamorous" Another spelling song co-written by Fergie and will-i-am and others. This song was recently sung on the "AI" Season Finale by the ladies of the Top 13. "So if you ain't got no money, take your broke --- home." and "My Daddy told me so, he let his daughter know."

8) "Here I Come" A song that samples the excellent Temptations song "Get Ready". Fergie and Will-i-am update it and give it a modern day sheen. "In any minute I'll be rollin' through*So get ready, so get ready".

9) "Velvet" Here comes another slow jam. This is a good, not great, song. "Under Velvet skies*Lover we can fly away from the world".

10) "Big Girls Don't Cry". Another tender ballad about relationships. "I hope you know*I hope you know*That this nothing to do with you*It's personal*Myself and I*We got some straightening out to do."

11) "Mary Jane Shoes" Another mid-tempo song at the beginning but then kicks up the energy a notch at the end of the song. "When I wear my Mary Jane shoes*I enjoy 2 spin the ones and twos".

12) Losing My Ground" Where do I go?*What do I do?*Who do I turn to?*I'm losing my ground". Another mid-tempo song, it fits the mood of America's current financial strain.

13) "Finally"/"Maybe We Could Take A Really Long Ride" (hidden track). This is another personal song, another tender song. This CD is so good. "Finally now my destiny can begin*Though we will have our differences*Something strange and new is happening*Finally now my life doesn't seem so bad*It's the best I've ever had*Give my love to him finally*Finally, finally". The hidden track is just a little piece of fluff added on. The piano and Fergie's voice underlie the hidden track.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I love this CD. themusicaddict gives this CD 5 out of 5 stars. Pick it up when you can, you won't be disappointed.

I only have two more of the seven straight days to work. Then on Tuesday my wife and I are going to go celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I should be writing Tuesday again though. Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites