Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. I went to the gym and also my wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. Our anniversary date is actually on June 11th but we were both working that day. We waited until my first day off which was yesterday. We went and ate at Applebees and then watched a couple of videos last night. It was a pleasant night.

The first video we watched was "Gran Torino" starring the incomparable Clint Eastwood. What a great acting and directing performance turned in again by Eastwood. You'll definitely want to see this movie as this may be his last acting role ever! I'm hoping not, I hope he has another 20 good years left in his amazing career.

The second movie we watched was "Little Miss Sunshine" starring a very subdued Steve Carrell and Greg Kinnear. This show had some good laughs, but overall a very strange movie. I would give it about a C grade, it's definitely a video movie.

Last night was the CMT awards. I didn't watch any of it until this morning. Thanks to youtube.com I watched the skit where Taylor Swift "rapped" with T Pain. I also enjoyed the Def Leppard/ Taylor Swift performance of "Pour Some Sugar On Me". That apparently closed the show. That was a bit concerting, but it's good seeing all the musical genres beginning to merge. Why do we have to have all these barriers between different types of music? Why can't we just love any sort of music without labeling it.

That is one of the worst aspects of corporate America music companies is their desperate need to label music. corporate America should not run artistic companies, corporate America takes the soul out of whatever it touches. Some music just naturally form into genres and that's fine. However with so much crossover between musicians now why continue to label songs that don't naturally fall into a specific genre? Who would ever saw the day where Def Leppard and T Pain would appear on the CMTs.

Right now it seems to be a slow time in the music world, but you can be assured that themusicaddict is keeping his eye on it for you. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites